cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userx6GluVcVzp
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: sm-r810

Software:

tizen version 4.0.0.1

Software version r810xxu1brk3

Connected to Samsung galaxy s7 

Using Roger's? Not sure what you means by blue tooth version. 

Does not count steps accurately. Always undercounting by many thousands of steps. 

Thanks 

Steph 

userJx4ZDSzCa7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy Watch SM-R810 purchased 1/16/19

Software R810XXU1BRK3

Steps are way off, so are flights of stairs, about half of other trackers show. Chossing a watch face with no step count (as suggested by other users) seems to improve accuracy somewhat, but the step count is what I want to see with just a glance.

Heart rate monitor stops working after a few hours when set to always on. Power saving options and workout detection setting changes do not help. Sometimes turning the HR monitor off and on will get it back working sometimes need to restart the watch to get it back. Samsung has apparently no fix for these issues and has the same problems on other models.

These issues are not acceptable for a $300+ watch. Returning the watch today, not willing to take a chance on a "possible" fix in the future. Too bad because I really like the look and feel of this watch more than any others. 

Get with it Samsung.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJecca @SamsungAdam @SamsungCole

Hello moderators!

What is the update on this issue? You said you were looking into it back in September 2018?

userHygTsEI4DD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clearly this issue isn't solved so it would be great for Samsung to remove the "Solved" from this thread. 

My husband and I both recently upgraded from S2s to the Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm.  I immediately noticed my step counts reduced by 50% over the S2 but he did not have the same issue. I sat down with both watches and compared settings.  I noted 3 differences. 

- his "press home twice" was set to "Bixby", mine was not

- his wake up gesture was on, mine was off

- most importantly, on his watch when you go Settings>>Account, he only has one option on that page "Samsung Account", I have an additional option "Customization Service" which was set to on.

I aligned my watch settings with his watch and PAUSED "Customization Service".  My step tracking improved to align with his and appears more accurate.  Was hoping a few folks who have noticed reduced step tracking would see if these insights would help.

userHygTsEI4DD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Watch model number: SM-R815U
Watch baseband / software version: TIZEN VERSION 4.0.0.1 - R815USQU1BRJ6
Type of phone connected to: SAMSUNG NOTE 8
Bluetooth or carrier version: VERIZON
userhjuGVECOSO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moderator,  this issue was marked as solved but its not solved. My watch still doesn't count steps properly. If there's a solution, give it to us.

user0uqspd9meb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Watch model number:  SM-R800

Watch baseband / software version: Tizen 4.0.0.1/ R800XXU1BRK3

Type of phone connected to: NO PHONE AT THE MOMENT.  SAMSUNG S9+ WILL BE HERE FRIDAY.

Bluetooth or carrier version: BLUETOOTH

Have only had the watch for a week or so.  Notice considerably less steps so today I wore both the Galaxy and a Fitbit.  At the same time.  Gaxaxy recorded 5609 steps;  Fitbit 7415 steps.

usereoXXpnxxKn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is NOT solved!
userQ8qGpWBcbZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This case isn't solved!

YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE A HUGE ISSUE THAT YOU HAVE WITH GALAXY WATCH!

This is the worst support that I have ever met

Last Samsung product definitely!

userNDRI104H6e
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't worry, they'll soon reply that they need the model number, software version, your first born's blood type, last 3 digits of your neighbors SS #, and your cousins' cat's birthday. By Samsung illustrating the illusion of actually giving a sh*t about this issue, they fend off 1/3 of the complaints. Then 3 months later that person follows up with a sarcastic comment like this. It's really a vicious cycle but it appears to be working for Samsung. You'll notice a l-o-n-g time ago I posted with my issues and eventually returned my watch to BestBuy who thankfully took it back with full refund after some discussion (outside return window). Still working with the ol' FitBit. So many less features, but the accuracy of health data is most important to me. And I still stand by my original thought that a major company releasing a 'health tracking' watch that is SO far wrong AND that we're still talking about it so many months later...it's laughable. What else can you do at this point? I can't stand Apple for different reasons, but they correct their issues. Certainly not perfect but you know if Apple Watch had such an issue, we wouldn't be coming here to talk about it this many months later. My guess/opinion is Samsung will release a new watch before they ever fix the issues with this one. Unfortunate.