cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHxeK05Uw5L
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My watch model number is D488
Software version latest (when I click on the watch info)
Connected to a galaxy s9plus
Bluetooth version
My step count is way off, under by a lot. Please investigate.
Rachel
Vinnythek1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy Watch (46mm) Silver (Bluetooth) SM-R800NZSAXAR

Tizen Version 4.0.0.0, Knox 2.3.0, R80XXAUBRH3

Steps and stair counts are way, way off.

userWcjBM0nvgw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Main reason i bought it.   Love my other Samsung products but not this one so far,

model number:  SM-R810NZDAXAR

software version: 2,2,05,18091251

phone connected to:  note 8

Bluetooth

Hope this is resolved soon or ill have to return.

thank you

userizwOD5Ksw4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue about 2500 steps less than my fitbit, seriously considering returning my watch

SM-R810

Tizen 4.0.0.0

samsung  galaxy s8

bluetooth

IS_Perfection
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My SM-R800 has the same problem of not counting the actual steps i take. it is off by like 500 steps or so. I did try disabling Auto detect "eliptical and row machine". This is also my second Galaxy Watch since my first one was acting up like this. This new one has the exact same issue.
also upset cause I had an S3 Frontier and I loved it but after I sold it after I got the Galaxy Watch !!!! Come on Samsung!! This is such a basic feature next to giving us the time. I have 30 days return on this new one. I may return it and buy a used s3 Frontier??? ridiculous!
useruTXD4ee2mu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my 46mm watch from Costco on Sat. My Step counter wasn't working out the box along with floors and HR monitor way off. I prefomed the fix by rebooting and disabling auto dectect for Row and Eliptcal, that worked for a day. This morning I get up and walk 2 miles and step counter shows 0. I'll be taking this watch back to Costco and either wait for updated models or get an Apple smart watch which will force me to purcahse an iPhone also. What really annoying is Samsung support either don't care or know nothing about the issue. I sent two support people multiple links to people having issues and no response. 

userT1Qykf651I
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Watch model number: SM-R800NZSAXAR

Watch baseband / software version: 4.0.0.0

Type of phone connected to: Note 9 from Verizion

Bluetooth or carrier version: Bluetooth

Is there an option to at least have the watch step counter include the phone's steps? Similar to the Health App? There's no reason why my phone should have more steps than my watch if my watch is always on.

AnnMarie
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. My Galaxy watch has 7728 steps so far today and my Fitbit has 10637 and is set up for my stride length and I feel it's pretty accurate. I can walk and see the number not even moving on the Galaxy watch. I have the rose gold 42mm, SH-R810, Tizen 4.0.0.0, software version R810XXU1BRH3, connected to a Galaxy S9+, Bluetooth. 

userKSa196lFke
Constellation

watch and phone steps not equal

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have a question about the setp counter on the watch. im using a new galxaly watch and a galxay S8+. in the samsung health app i have it set to count steps from all sources. and when i sync the 2 the phone app updates and shows a total. but the watch still only shows what it counted and not the ones from the phone. am i missing something? shouldn't both show the same number of steps after a sync? thanks in advance for any help you can offer. 

user3rVQBbiMg0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My watch info is

Model # SM-R800

Software Version R800XXU1BRH3

Phone that I'm using is Note9

It's the bluetooth model

Please fix this problem