cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b16bb16b
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
On note 9
Bluetooth version
SM-R800
R800XXU1BRH3

Same problem I am going around to my home and does not count propably need more time to walk to start counting

Fitbit charge 2 count 5800
Galaxy watch count 2000
userJk1jOb2rdu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem.  Inaccurate step counts and floor counts.  Almost never counts floors and steps just get counted sporadically.  Please let us know if this is a software or hardware problem ASAP.  If a hardware issue, what are replacement options for early customers?  

Very frustrated and about to return Watch. This is an important basic feature that should work on a premium device, and is a key feature for me.  Love everything about the watch other than extremely inaccurate fitness tracking.

Samsung support has been unhelpful.

Got a software update from Samsung on 10-15-18 and it still didn't fix the problem. 

Model Code (Full) = SM-R800 Galaxy Watch (46mm) Silver (Bluetooth)

Baseband Version: Bluetooth / Wifi / GPS 

Tizen version: 4.0.0.1

Software Version: R800XXU1BRJ4

Connected to phone via bluetooth.

Partnered Handset Info: Galaxy Note 8

Brand: Samsung

Model Number: SM-N950U

Android version: 8.0.0

Samsung Experience-version: 9.0

Baseband-version: N950USQU5CRIA

userAODECQBolf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please respond or help or this watch and phone are being returned for apple devices. This is my first attempt ever with a non-apple devices and I am getting very frustrated.

Connected to note 9

Bluetooth only 

Model SM=r810

tizen 4.0.0.0

r810xxu1BRH3

knox 2.3.0

userAODECQBolf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, I have rebooted, turned off rower and elliptical.

userdJmaHVIvLY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy Watch is not recording steps properly as well. I bought this to replace my fitbit, but looks like I need to keep both! I have model SM-R800, connected to Samsung S9Plus,  bluetooth connectivity,  "latest update installed", the watchband in use is the one that came with the watch.

userqPNXePc0dP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought Galaxy watches for myself and my wife. Both of us were previously using Fitbits. I quickly have realised how astonishing poor these watches are as fitness trackers. How can an upmarket company such as Samsung churn out such utter cr*p at three times the price of a Fitbit. Its like something I'd find on a cheap Chinese tat site.

Not at all happy so far. This is not a software issue as this would have been fixed by now. 

Ours are being returned.

All is forgiven Fitbit. 

userEoETuZv6kl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model - SMR805F

SW Version - R805FXXU1BRHA

Tizen Version 4.0.0.0

Connected to Galaxy Note 8

user6738qB5By4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

42mm 

Samsung galaxy 9 phone bluetooth 

Modelsmr810nzdcxar

user6738qB5By4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Step count not working may return watch
userkN3gX3WZgT
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm using the 42mm version of the Galaxy watch and was walking around the house and not recording steps. Sometimes the watch would apparently buffer steps then display them, but it was obviously coming up short on the real count. I decided to swing my arm while standing in place. The watch recorded each swing as a step. I was up over 300 steps when not even moving. I think that the watch's software can't differentiate between forward motion and arm movement and that results in a hodge-podge meaningless count. Please Samsung, do something about rectifying the step-count issue. Why should a cellphone that is stashed in your pocket do a better job than a fitness watch on your wrist. The cell is made to make phone calls. The watch is made for recording accurate counts of physical activities, including steps. I am sure that those who own these watches would like to know if this issue is software or hardware based? Will there be a mass buy back by Samsung if they can't be fixed?