cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlFQWgrWXnf
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issues and getting very frustrated. It doesn't count my steps when pushing a buggy, holding my baby and walking all over the place, etc because my arm isn't swinging. That's awful. I wanted an accurate count. The watch should be able to track forward motion for steps not a swinging arm. 

userQPmTP3Ufdq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree with others here. For a fitness tracker, the Galaxy watch is HORRIBLE.   Do you guys not do user testing?  I just walked about 2 miles and I show <3,000 steps?  3,000 steps is average if I just walk to my office from the car and back each day.

Please fix this soon.  The watch is essentially worthless to me as is.

SM-R800
Tizen 4.0.0.1

R800XXU1BRJ4

Knox 2.3.0
Bluetooth
Android Samsung Galaxy S8+

userwbUr23lVYI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

46mm galaxy watch sm-r800 original band, tizem 4.0.0.1, it registered 1k steps compared to the 3k on my phone, a note 8. While the watch is good looking and finally has decent battery, it is primarily a fitness tracker for me a d will go back to costco without a fix in the works. 

userHWtBDp5M1b
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having same issue. Purchased it 3 days ago. 

Model SM-RH10

Connected to phone via bluetooth.

Connected to Galaxy S7 phone.

userTFgsYtwhLB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

return it while you can. I have spent hours talking to samsung costumer service. They asked me to ship it for service twice and nothing changed. I then told them I wanted to return it and they said it was over the 15 day warranty limit for returns. They had it for 10 days while "fixing" it. I only had it for 7 days in total

userkN3gX3WZgT
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The fact is, the Samsung step counter is low-accuracy. It's inconsistent, period. The issue really comes down to a BIG CORPORATION incorporating a less than adequate design into a product that isn't inexpensive that falls way short of reasonable performance. Samsung certainly should be held to a high standard. They make good products. Make a better step counting watch. 

My 42mm is running way ahead of the phone's counter today. Yesterday it was 10% behind. I've grown used to the idea that $330 won't buy much. But I'll live with it because the watch serves numerous purposes, some of which it performs quite well. As a dedicated fitness tracker, it's not the go to product. Alarms, reminders, day planning, phone on wrist: that's where the Galaxy shines.

All I know is the watch tells me when I get somewhere near 6000 steps, which helps a little in smoothing out my periods of inactivity. In the end, I hope Samsung steps up and pushes a fix for their software defects. But, for now the Galaxy Watch is good enough for me.

userkN3gX3WZgT
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung wanted me to return my watch for a reflashing. I asked them why would I s=do that when I could go back and demand a THIRD watch from the retailer? Then I was told after further prodding the service rep, that there was an update out at the end of October. I haven't seen it. Hope the rep was correct. These issues need solving or we all need refunds.

I like the watch. I want to keep it. I have a few days where I could return it. All this irritation over a stupid watch. 

userkiJBzLCHdB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Watch model number: SM-R800

Watch baseband / software version: 4.0.0.1

Type of phone connected to:  Google Pixel

Bluetooth or carrier version: Bluetooth.

Also, can you look at the 'weather app" not updating, even if you have added locations in the Samsung Wearable app.

userOG2HZqO4G5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Watch Model Number: SM-R810

Software: Tizen version 4.0.0.1

Software version: R810XXU1BRJ4

Knox 2.3.0

Phone: Google Pixel XL

Bluetooth

I would really like to see an improvement on the step counting. I generally average around 15k to 16k steps per day and am not even getting to 10k with watch. Through my worksite wellness program, I earn money based on the number of steps per day. So, I am literally losing money with an inaccurate step count. An example of the inaccuracy, I ran 3 miles and only had 1436 steps.

userkN3gX3WZgT
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think the Tizen 4.0.0.0.1 update was a solid fix. Supposedly (according to Samsung customer service) an update was released for distribution the last week in October. Supposedly everyone will have it (in U.S.) by end of November. I'll wait to see, since no moderators have said anything. Does anyone know or have heard a similar story?