cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mugrunty
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch active update bug

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello all.  I've updated my galaxy watch active to the latest software and almost immediately noticed a change in behavior for the worst. I've always had my display brightness set to 5, with auto dim enabled. Worked wonders on the previous software.  After the update, the display ALWAYS starts out at the set brightness level when activated...then dims down to auto dim level of it is dark. This is different from the old software which would start dim if dark.  This is incredibly annoying at night time.  There really should be a fix for this...

Hard to catch on video, but here's an attempt in the middle of the night. https://youtu.be/II3OR_1827o

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy Watch active update bug

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Mugrunty. I see what you mean, tested this on my Active.

Would you mind reporting this bug using the feedback section of Samsung Members (app)?

Screenshot_20191124-104733_Samsung Members.jpg

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Mugrunty. I see what you mean, tested this on my Active.

Would you mind reporting this bug using the feedback section of Samsung Members (app)?

Screenshot_20191124-104733_Samsung Members.jpg

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Mugrunty
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Absolutly!  I just didn't know where to report bugs to.  Samsung Chat told me to do a post here. There's a few other bugs I've noticed that changed things that I'd love to report! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mods can mark community posts as feedback I believe, but Members allows users to voice their concerns too. Also it's possible to read replies to your submission by hitting the bell icon.

Mugrunty
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've submitted the bug report using Samsung members, but I'm afraid the only help they provided was instructions on how to reset my watch.  That of course does not fix the issue (I've tried it before posting here).  After informing them of this, they wanted me to send the watch in for diagnostics with a generic trouble ticket.  I will not be sending my watch in just to have them tell me that no problem is found...

I'll have to wait and hope an update fixes this behavior.  Smiley Sad

Mugrunty
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see there was another update to the galaxy watch active! I was hopeful to think this issue was resolved...but nope! Still blinds me in the middle of the night when I feel like checking the time...

userJcfu6QZGWR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Yesterday tizen 4.0.0.7 update came to Poland. The issue described above is the first thing I've noticed od my non-LTE Galaxy Watch 46 mm. It looks just as described, very annoying in the night / when it's dark. I would give all other update's advantages just to have this one fixed Smiley Wink I consulted it on Polish FB group and this issue is common after update. I've contacted Samsung with Samsung Members (in PL version we have only "send opinion" button) and I got the same replay - to try to reset my watch and if it doesnt help - to visit servcice point to have the watch checked. I am also not doing that, as this is clear, it's an update issue, and not my very watch.