cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shub
Constellation

Galaxy Watch battery drain faster when using with Galaxy Buds

I'm facing a huge battery drain when my watch (GW 42mm) is connected with my Galaxy Buds and streaming from locally saved music player. Is any one else facing this issue?

When running, I use Strava app in Galaxy Watch in standalone mode and pair it with Galaxy buds. Battery drains almost 25-30% within 15-20mins.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy Watch battery drain faster when using with Galaxy Buds

I'm not sure what the Strava app is. When I did a search it only found a watch face of that name.

When you are running, are you using Samsung Health or something else to track your run? This could be using significant watch battery during your run especially if GPS is enabled. You could run a test for 15-20 minutes while you are stationary only streaming music to the Galaxy Buds. This will help you determine the amount of battery usage caused only by streaming music to the Buds. 

Highlighted
shub
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch battery drain faster when using with Galaxy Buds

@LongHiker thanks for hearing this.

I'm using Strava app to track my run. Strava has a watch face (I'm not using that) and a dedicated app for GW to map and track run. Samsung Health also automatically tracks every workout. My GPS and heart rate are monitored continuously during my run.

The issue is that, when tracking my run, having turned ON all of the above, the battery drain is justified. Like 10% drain (max) for 30mins run.

But when I pair it with Galaxy buds, the drain is quite significant, 25-30% within 15mins.

I've also tested while in resting state, ie. when Strava is not running, HRM is set to frequent, the battery drain is more compared to general case when headset is not connected.

I don't know whether it is an issue with Buds or GW since I did not test it with other BT devices and I leave that with the Samsung QA experts. I hope Samsung hears this and solves this issue if there is any Software problem.