cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Watch battery only lasting a day

Hi, I just got a refurbished Galaxy Watch (42mm) and so far I haven't been able to make the battery last more than a day. Every night I lose around 20% and the rest goes throughout the day. And yes, I have looked for solutions in numerous other threads, and tried restarting and resetting and updating and charging %100 and changing location wifi and brightness settings and switching watch faces. Nothing helps. I have heard from users with similar usage that it should last two or three days at least. It's eligible for replacement or refund. I should not have to charge it when I wake up and before I go to bed. If you have any other solutions please let me know. Otherwise, I'll consider replacing it.

bluetooth always on, wifi auto screen timeout 30 sec, wake up on, bezel wake off.

This is my watch face

3a813884-c898-4b8a-8e0b-5f1c1ef9053a.png

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Watch battery only lasting a day

I know you have tried almost everything to correct the watch. I am enclosing a link to some steps you can verify if you've completed all of them. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/ If you would like to send a private message with the full model code, the serial number, the IMEI number (if applicable), and copy of the proof of purchase, I would be happy to see what other options may be available. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have already tried everything on that website, however, after further investigation, I've turned off the setting where it sends diagnostic data to Samsung and that has made a significant difference. I'm not sure the battery life is where it's supposed to be, but it lasts longer than before. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I appreciate your help. I am going to try to see if the battery life is satisfactory now and if not I'll need to find another solution.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code, serial number, and IMEI number (if LTE) via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

The only other thing I can think of is power saving mode. There could be apps running in the background too. You could try a factory reset as a last resort.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue. I don't have refurbished model. But before this latest update, it worked fine and the battery lasted a few days before I needed to charge it. Today it was on 89% when I took a nap (about 2 hours). I woke up and it was on 49%. I've tried resetting it a few times and nothing has worked. It's only about a year old. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the same issue. I purchased mine new and it was going about 3 days. Then I got an update that seemed to wreck the battery life. I ended up getting rid of it and getting a regular watch 😔

Highlighted
Constellation

I see that you have weather showing on that watch face.

Try a different watch face without weather showing on it.

I have realised that whenever I use a watch face that needs to use the GPS/Location, for weather information etc, then that will drain my watch fast.