JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch can´t answer calls from iPhone XS Max

(Topic created on: 12/18/18 6:58 AM)
lucianazacarias
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have just bought a Galaxy Watch (42 mm Bluetooth) and I paired it with my iPhone XS Max. When I recieve a call in my iPhone, I get a notification in my watch but when I try to answer I`m unable to do so and I get a message saying that I should refer to my phone.

Can you please help? I understand that I can´t make phone calls from my watch if paired with an iPhone but I should be able to answer them.

Thanks!

0 Likes
22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is your galaxy watch LTE or wifi only?

0 Likes
lucianazacarias
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It’s wifi only

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for that information, wifi watches aren't able to answer phone calls only carrier LTE watches have that capability.

0 Likes
lucianazacarias
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

But when I receive a call in my iPhone, the green answer call button shows up in my watch. Furthermore I can answer calls using my watch when it Is paired with an android phone, so it doesn’t look like a wifi/lte limitation 

0 Likes
userbcMKA9DSlI
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch

it isn't. it is the iphone that is blocking the watch to be compatible to pick up the calls. it is apple limitation. apple wants customers to use their watch, not samsung watch.

0 Likes
Solution
lucianazacarias
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I finally was able to both make and receive phone calls from my iPhone into my watch by enabling hands free in my watch and adding it as another Bluetooth device in my iPhone

View solution in context

user1mRpVNKxVR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

How do you activate hands free on the Galaxy watch?

0 Likes
user1mRpVNKxVR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

How do you activate hands free on the galaxy watch?

0 Likes
lucianazacarias
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Settings, Connections, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Headset 

0 Likes