cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWBWboFGKe6
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch can´t answer calls from iPhone XS Max

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Until I needed to do a hard reset I could make and receive calls. My bluetooth settings at that point showed two galaxy watch connections one with just device number the other with number and LTE. 

Since hard reset I just have LTE connection and can no longer make or accept calls. Enabling headset does not work as watch is searching for a headset only!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried this:

While connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth, the Galaxy Watch is fully capable of making and receiving calls. But there is a catch, when you try to initiate a call from a newly paired Galaxy Watch it shows you an error.

Once you tap on the error message, you’ll see a Bluetooth device with a similar name as your Galaxy Watch which is connected to your iPhone, connect to it and you’re good to go for calls.

The fact that there are two separate Bluetooth signals coming from your Galaxy Watch while being used with iPhone gives a very distinct option of connecting the Galaxy Watch with two devices simultaneously.

After the initial setup, when you try to make a call from your watch and it shows a pop-up on your iPhone’s screen, simply search and connect to the similar Bluetooth signal from Galaxy Watch on a new device rather than your iPhone. This will allow you to make and receive calls through the new phone while still using iPhone for all other apps and notifications

Galaxy Watch has the same calling features when paired with iPhone as it has with any other Android device for that matter. You can easily receive calls, initiate calls and swap between the watch and iPhone with just a click which is an added bonus if compared to the Apple Watch.

userAs2umXEwV5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me. Specifically, the popup that appears on the IPhone says if there is already a bluetooth connection one should delete it. Don't.

userKuWULf7Kjf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This solution was very helpful and easy to implement. I just got an iPhone XR after being a longtime Samsung Galaxy user (my office wanted to standardize the cell phones being used), and I love my Gear S3. I went to Best Buy and the guy there told me this can't be done, and that I could not download new watch faces from either Facer or Watchmaker. So, after being really annoyed, I decided to do some research and came upon this suggestion. It worked perfectly, and exactly as explained. Thank you VERY much! BTW - I got the two watch face sites to work also - not quite as easy as with a Samsung phone, but not too bad. If you are having either of these issues - don't give up!!
userPmmV427jDi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you enable hands free on the watch?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

See Calling section in the following link

https://techwiser.com/can-you-use-galaxy-watch-with-iphone/amp/

userGFB4lwBOJz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thanks for the link lucianazacarias this helped alot

userdobrPj88gM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you give me some details on how you did it? I have the same issue in trying to resolve

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth, the Galaxy Watch is fully capable of making and receiving calls. But there is a catch, when you try to initiate a call from a newly paired Galaxy Watch it shows you an error.

Once you tap on the error message, you’ll see a Bluetooth device with a similar name as your Galaxy Watch which is connected to your iPhone, connect to it and you’re good to go for calls.

There are two separate Bluetooth signals coming from your Galaxy Watch while being used with iPhone: Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch LE.

After the initial setup, when you try to make a call from your watch and it shows a pop-up on your iPhone’s screen, simply search and connect to the similar Bluetooth signal from Galaxy Watch on your iPhone. 

Highlighted
userwmmvrPLuiw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That’s untrue, even with an iPhone connect to second Bluetooth connection when BT headset is enabled, works great with a Wifi only geare S3