Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usernzBxtmyiFZ
Constellation

Galaxy Watch disconnects on Android 9 and now unusable on Android 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started getting constant disconnects from my Pixel 3XL several days ago on the latest Android 9 update. So made sure to install all updates which included Android 10. Now the Galaxy Wearable app hangs for 5-10 seconds and then crashes. And on top of that, all day long I get crash notifications on my phone about the app. So then I removed all of the Galaxy apps and plugins and re-installed them and that was an even bigger mistake because now my watch has reset to factory settings and I can't complete setup to restore it since the Android app hangs and crashes.

There is another thread stating that this will be fixed when Samsung devices are updated to Android 10. Really? How can this happen in this day at the end of 2019? Android 10 was in beta for some time and Samsung is only going to get around to making sure that their software and apps work on Android 10 when it is released on their own devices? This is the kind of thing that makes Samsung look like a bunch of incompetent monkeys, and deservedly so. You have to be complete imbeciles to be such a large corporation and not plan ahead for a major Android realease that was given to the world to play with over 6 months ago to make sure that it works with your flagship wearable the day it is releaased.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userL41OmdMPwh
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch disconnects on Android 9 and now unusable on Android 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this out, I had to remove more than the Wearable App and Plugin to get my watch connecting and wokring again on Android 10 and to stop the app from crashing.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Wearable-App-crash-Android-10/td-p/817856

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
userL41OmdMPwh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this out, I had to remove more than the Wearable App and Plugin to get my watch connecting and wokring again on Android 10 and to stop the app from crashing.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Wearable-App-crash-Android-10/td-p/817856

View solution in original post

usernzBxtmyiFZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nice work! This worked for me. I had to remove the Galaxy Wearable, Galaxy Watch Plugin, Samsung Accessory Service, and Samsung Health apps - all of them. Then re-install them all. Then reset and re-pair the watch.

It is working again on Android 10, but essentially had to spend all the time to set up the watch and apps all over again as if I had just bought them. Still a really poor reflection on Samsung and it will make me think twice buying their products if the fixes have to be "just delete everything and start over".