cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Galaxy Watch not counting floors

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Smiley Sad No, does not work for me. I see flights counted on prior days so it occasionally does count them. It looks to me like its based on how many stairs as was discussed in this thread.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried this method and it didn't work until I installed the Alti-Barometer app on my Active 2.  Had it calibrate and now it works.  Feel kind of dumb having to lift my arms up like I am celebrating making it to the top of the steps everytime but at least it works now.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Holy smokes...the hands over head worked. 

You're a genius!!!

Thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked!  Completely ridiculous that after spending a few hundred dollars on a watch I need to "fool" it into working properly. Samsung, please listen to your customers and fix this issue

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm flabbergasted!  This actually seems to be working, at least most of the time.  It's a little disappointing, coming from a Fitbit Ionic that had no problems counting floors, but at least this helps count the floors.  So long as no one is around and doesn't watch me celebrating my conquering of one more floor.  Hahaha

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Galaxy Watch not counting floors

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Surprisingly, a very quick test seems to show this works for me. That makes it all the more stupid that they haven't provided a setting for that to keep so many people from taking issue with it. I figured it was a hardware issue considering they haven't fixed it after this long.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Galaxy Watch not counting floors

JUMP TO SOLUTION
After trying this for a full day, it definitely works, as silly as that is. I can't believe they haven't made that an option. I just got the 5.5 update today, and instead they seem to be de-emphasizing floor count, as it isn't on the health summary widget anymore, and doesn't have its own widget, so you can only see it on watch faces that display it. Same goes for total calories burned (vs activity calories, which is still there obviously).
Highlighted
Constellation

Stair count

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Re: Stair Count not counting

Found the answer to this problem ! You must have your phone on your person while going up stairs ! Also leave the app open in the back ground on your phone ! Stairs need two sensors operating one in your phone and one on your watch ! Try it out

martin

Constellation

Re: Stair count

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is awful. What's the point of having a watch with GPS if you need your phone to accompany it? The watch is supposed to do the count.

Highlighted
Halo

Re: Stair count

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not the solution for me. I see a few other threads on this. I think its related to how many stairs. Occasionally mine will register a flight.