Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 06-13-2020 12:14 AM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

225 Replies
userDlvq04DEWU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
After trying this for a full day, it definitely works, as silly as that is. I can't believe they haven't made that an option. I just got the 5.5 update today, and instead they seem to be de-emphasizing floor count, as it isn't on the health summary widget anymore, and doesn't have its own widget, so you can only see it on watch faces that display it. Same goes for total calories burned (vs activity calories, which is still there obviously).
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Re: Stair Count not counting

Found the answer to this problem ! You must have your phone on your person while going up stairs ! Also leave the app open in the back ground on your phone ! Stairs need two sensors operating one in your phone and one on your watch ! Try it out

martin

0 Likes
usercwAcfwPdQM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is awful. What's the point of having a watch with GPS if you need your phone to accompany it? The watch is supposed to do the count.

0 Likes
Al_P
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not the solution for me. I see a few other threads on this. I think its related to how many stairs. Occasionally mine will register a flight.

0 Likes
userACZSTpb5T7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Basically the only way I get it to count floor is to have my watch detect a workout. I only notice it is not counting when I am not actually paying attention to the floors that day. My watch also inaccurately counts floors during a 3-4 mile run with slight elevation changes. I've 24 floors on run before.

0 Likes
Rickster465
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did give this a try, and it did not work for me.  I will note, though, that I don't have a Samsung phone, so maybe that is related? (It's a Google Pixel 3 XL).

0 Likes
Al_P
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, its not the phone. There are multiple threads on this. The watch has a mimimum elevation gain needed to register a floor and it's more steps than most staircases. So you go up a flight but you dont gain enough elevation for it to register.

0 Likes
userxh03x3yXJE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a SM- R800 Galaxy watch and a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G SM-G988U and the App will not count floors. I have call samsung for help and the first help was delete everything and reset watch and phone. Did not work so they sent me to go get a New watch. Well that did not work. I cannot get any help on this issu except everytime I call we start anew. I ask for a number so when I call they know what I have done. I had one gentleman say he was going to call me back after he looked into it. Tim from Samsung Health and Fitnese was the person. I got one call from him. it went to voice mail which stated he would call me back. I'm still waiting.

So what is the fix?

0 Likes
user0BIksXRo7u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Seriously how have you guys not figured this out by now?! It's been 2 years and 21 pages... Samsung sold a watch that categorically cannot read flights of stairs climbed. It's as simple as that. 😐

THERE IS NO FIX

Once everyone finally accepts that you can move on. Samsung will never EVER admit to it so what's the point anymore? Their Health app told me yesterday that a flight of stairs is considered 10' and 17 stairs climbed. My house has a 14 stair staircase. It never ever logs a flight of stairs climbed. I've given up caring at this point. You all should too at this point. It's freeing.

0 Likes
userpjQdZm8m8E
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Turning off elliptical and rowing detection worked for me. I've owned my Active 2 for about three days. I own a Galaxy S8 phone, but I didn't carry it while going up the stairs. I have successfully gotten it to count floors twice now, after just trying it. Also, it updated my floors basically immediately, didn't have to wait several minutes as others have said.

0 Likes