JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 10-19-2020 03:29 PM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

225 Replies
userUgHa1eRZqb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Tizen 4.0.0.7 on gear sport sm-r600 seems to fixed the pb. 1st time i see more than 3 floor counted.

Normally it counts 1 floor for 3m. Ive done 8 floor of 2,5m i think so 18m to climb. It displays to me 6 floor.

I assume all build above this version (5.x or perhaps a build made at same time of the 4.0.0.7  in 2020 cause previous 4 0.0.4 last since 2019) should have fixed the pb.

Let share if it's good or not for ya folks.

0 Likes
Al_P
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Working for you all? I sent my watch in over a month ago for a different issue and am still awaiting a refund so I can't see for myself.

0 Likes
userDlvq04DEWU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It would be easier to accept if it simply never worked, but sometimes it does, and it seems to run in streaks.  Some days it gets most all of them, and then sometimes it stops for extended periods.  I thought it finally just quit after it missed 20-30 trips between yesterday and today, and then I look and it has registered one.  I guess I'll try turning off all automatic detection of everything except walking, because for me that's a gimmick - if I'm going to work out, I'd rather just tell it what I am doing when I start.

Ultimately floor count matters the least to me by far.  Step count is better than the Gear Fit Sport I replaced with an Active 2, but floor counting is worse, which is amazing to me.  My guess is the GFS used a much less "sophisticated" way of counting, but it worked most of the time - sometimes the simple solution really is the best.  Heart rate seems reasonable to me - it doesn't have to be perfect for me personally.  In every other respect the ctive 2 is head and shoulders above the Gear Fit Sport as a smart watch.

0 Likes
Al_P
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well - I don't really know if the watch is counting steps or if the phone is counting steps in Samsung Health since they stay synced with each other.

userIqdnR7mXVK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
October 2020 and my Active 2 still doesn't record stairs.
userSKrDxavuth
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
my galaxy3 41mm doesn't count my floors my house has a second floor and I go up and down all day. The count at the end of day is 0. What is the issue??