JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 11-20-2018 03:34 PM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

225 Replies
kwagners
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Could you please provide me with the full model code, baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, the device the watch is pair with, the android version, and the discrepancy amount?

Dozens have responded to previous requests like your's above - myself included - and that's the last we ever hear from a Samsung Mod.  It clearly doesn't matter.

I'm going to recommend you see @userUuPtK0xKzz's post above, but quoting here for you as well:

Plase stop asking for model numbers. It seems to be on EVERY watch! Instead of annoying us users by asking model numbers and even sending in the watch for repair Samsung should do the following:

1. Confirm that there is a bug in this product.

2. Announce a data for a reliable fix. Either a software update or a hardware replacement.

And then see my post from September 21, 2018 (at https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearable-Tech/Galaxy-Watch-not-counting-floors/m-p/396553/highli... 😞

This is a long-standing issue that apparently permeates across all of Samsung's watches. It is not specific to one watch or the settings of that watch. It also has nothing to do with what type of phone you connect your watch to (the favorite question of the Samsung Mod's who "try" to help with this issue). It's a core flaw. If you've got the time, there are plenty of posts about this https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearable-Tech/Gear-S3-not-Counting-Floors/m-p/65970/highlight/tr... https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/wearabletech/highlight/false... https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearable-Tech/Gear-S3-not-Counting-Floors/m-p/65970/highlight/tr... https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Gear-S3-Inaccurate-Floor-Count/m-p/234331/h...

uservzAfzfNDGw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Count me in as being disappointed with the step and floor count on the galaxy watch. I have sm r810 paired with note 8. Thinking about returning. It's a good 7000 steps off and never registers any floors at all. 

pdqgp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sadly my Galaxy Watch is also NOT Tracking floors.   I go up and down stairs all the time and in two days it hasn't picked up any.   I've check all setttings, etc. and nothing.    Not sure how accurate the step counter is overall compared to my old FitBit but it seems to be working at least.

0 Likes
usergjmkw4Ghwp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine too, I have not had a floor register since I have had the watch (2 weeks), I am not sure if it is over 10ft to my upstairs. I thought the documentation says 3 mtrs which is actually 12ft 9in. 

userC5PrUWwRkZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usergjmkw4Ghwp wrote:

Mine too, I have not had a floor register since I have had the watch (2 weeks), I am not sure if it is over 10ft to my upstairs. I thought the documentation says 3 mtrs which is actually 12ft 9in

3 meters is 9 feet 10 inches.

GC

0 Likes
PoetLuke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I feel bad for those of you who are still having trouble with your floor count, but my watch has improved dramatically. It is now registering floors very well. Of course, nothing is perfect so a few times it will not, but its very rare now. I hope it improves for the rest of you soon too. One thing I do notice is when I lift weights it will register a floor. I can only guess that it reads my heart rate and assumes I am going up a hill, or something like that. Otherwise, when I go up and down my staircase, with a little bit of a walking start it will always register a floor. I wish it was like my wife's fitbit, she does not need a walking start, just goes up and down and she gets the floor. Another suggestion for everyone is each morning calibrate the altimeter and also refresh the weather on your phone and watch. I also do it each time I drive to work, or when I travel anywhere else. Hope this can help you all

0 Likes
user2RM6X21jWl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
No floors measured yesterday, only 1 the day before. I climbed plenty of stairs.
Poor.
0 Likes
user7u2fIOrlPO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm not finding altimeter. Can you explain how to get to the altimeter? Please!

0 Likes
userUXFEGuwOzw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have Samsung galaxy watch and note 8.
i just went up and down a 20 step flight of stairs 50 times for about 30 minutes. my watch registered just two floors.
garbage. I'm returning.
0 Likes
userOkDqDFdSEm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem, it's not counting floors.   I also have had it for only 3 days, so I don´t know if the sensitivity can be adjusted to count the floors.

0 Likes