JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 11-27-2018 06:33 AM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

225 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi there @zoltar_speaks, we've currently got a team looking into this would you send me a private message here with the following information:

Full model code of the watch.

Current baseband version of the watch.

Is the watch Bluetooth or LTE.

Partnered handset information, ie: Model code, current android version, current baseband version.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried to send you a PM but it rejected saying:

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

Since there is nothing in the info that would cause a security concern, here it is:

>>Full model code of the watch.

From the Watch - Model: SM-R800 / Serial number: XXXXX

>>Current baseband version of the watch.

Not sure where to find this?

Tizen 4.0.0.1

Software Version: R800XXU1BRJ4

>>Is the watch Bluetooth or LTE.

Bluetooth

>>Partnered handset information, ie: Model code, current android version, current baseband version.

Samsung Note 8 / SM-N950U

Android Version 8.0.0

Baseband version: N950USQS5CRID

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you so much for this information. I'll pass this along to our team who is looking into this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried the PM again and it worked this time.

0 Likes
Cliff1974
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too am a recent  United Kingdom owner of this failing excuse of a £300 fitness compatable Smart watch.

As a avid samsung fan for many years i ignored all bad feedback and purchased the watch

SM-R800

Bluetooth

R5AKA0MP0EX

TIZEN 4.0.0.1

R800XXUIBRJ4

It's completely useless at registering floors climbed.  Most days it may register 2 floors at most climed  i climb on average 12-16  flights/floors each containing 15 steps  a day After reading here all advise about setting changes ,updated firmware , reboots etc this watch still fails to work as advertised.

It's kcal count is completely miles off compared to my past  Fitness watch purchases. I have compared  a fitbit ,Garmin , and this watch .

Both The fitbit and garmin were almost identical on a 5 mile run. But the Galaxy Watch was 200 kcal short. 

I'm using it along side my S8 phone   

For the cost and false advertisement promoting this watch I feel this is a very unsatisfactory product 

Please Samsung stop ignoring you have a failed software/product and announce its a recognised problem and resolve or unfortunately  a refund is my only option

0 Likes
userytQa9JiwbS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here. I have just bought one of the latest Samsung LTE Watches in the UK but it very rarely registers any floors despite going up and down stairs all day. My assumption was that vertical height to measure "one floor" is preset and I cant helping thinking this setting is perhaps incorrect and it is expecting a single staircase to be a certain height or number of steps and if your own staircase at home doesnt quite meet that height, it won't register. Just my thoughts but still hasnt be fixed yet as of today!

0 Likes
userQwlunBzDgg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

same here

SM-R800

R5AK90GGA7W

Tizen 4.0.0.1

Bluetooth

>>Partnered handset information, ie: Model code, current android version, current baseband version.

Samsung S6 / SM-G920F

Android Version 7.0

Baseband version: G920FXXU6ERG1

0 Likes
user2kKhfx6kD7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same to.. As well as HR issues. 

SM-R800

Tizen 4.0.0.1

Bluetooth

Samsung Note 9 SM-N960F

Android Version 8.1.0

Baseband version: N960FXXU2ARJ1

0 Likes
userc8sbscR9Kw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just recently purchased the gear sport and are having the same issue with the watch not counting the floors climbed properly. I have the watch paired to my note 8 via bluetooth.

Will someone let me know if Samsung is addressing this issue. If I don't hear any thing back soon I will be returning my watch for a refund. 

I also called support today to get this resolved. They didn't give me any indication that this was a known issue. The rep asked me for the model build and had me reset the device. Hence, I lost all of the activities I'd done today. He failed to tell me that would happen. At the end of the call he suggested that send the device in for repair. This is bad customer service, since they already know by sending the device in for repair won't fix the issue. It simply delay the user until the return window is closed after the fact then I wouldn't be eligible for a refund after this.

I have read through several threads here with this issue but no real solution to the problem. I have already turned off the eliptical and rowing maching detection options and cleared the cache as suggested in another thread.

0 Likes
kwagners
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userc8sbscR9Kw wrote:

Will someone let me know if Samsung is addressing this issue. If I don't hear any thing back soon I will be returning my watch for a refund.

Samsung hasn't acknowledged the issue, much less do anything about it.  The thread that I originally found that is specific to the Gear Sport ( https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/wearabletech/page/1/thread-i... ) was started in January 2018 - so basically a year ago - and there's been nothing but silence from Samsung.

0 Likes