JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 12-28-2018 08:59 AM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

225 Replies
userTnloWLcByy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is not a solution

Look at all the responses!

The altimeter and floor counter simply do not work, even after following the "solution" and altimeter recalibration.

Stop pasting the same response over and over again.

userTnloWLcByy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This solution does not work. Please read all of the replies of people who have followed your instructions or are unable to follow your instructions

0 Likes
userfEmC2u9RnD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

If this problem persists for you even after clearing the cache, please check this solution:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearables/Galaxy-Watch-Floor-Count-Issues/td-p/1234585

Enabling auto-refresh for the altimeter app did the trick for me.

0 Likes
userNvUstluyhn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would like to find the 3 dots as well. This is not the solution for me either.

0 Likes
userqdM42F1U7a
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is there an updated solution?  With operating system updates, many of the above paths no longer exists, but I am having this exact issue.  Despite living in a multi-floor house with basement (and being active), I have not recorded going up a flight of stairs in over a month.  Tried Rebooting, clearing some of the caches mentioned above.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Samsung_XDh7TCx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have now tried several ways to understand what you are describing for a fix....no such luck. The floors are still not being counted. I have tried to follow the instructions from Jace but it is impossible to do so as they do not allow the these instructions to be completed. When are the repairs going to be done?

0 Likes
user9OL0Sr0LcC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It would be great if you told us to do this on the phone or the Watch, which I don't see anywhere. I don't see where to go for the settings.... technical writing should be very clear.... where you start, each step etc.

0 Likes
Marnakeus
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried this..... it did not work for my watch. I ended up doing a fatory reset on it, and that appears to have corrected the issue. 

0 Likes
userLXzUsRUTTH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem .

I have a new Samsung note 9 phone 

Also the Samsung galaxy watch .

I been up stairs over 19 times it's counted one.

Please help

userIDunMCe8CW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

May you kindly provide an update regarding the floor counting issue on the galaxy watch. When can we expect an actual fix? I am one of the customers that has been waiting and waiting and waiting for this to get sorted. I climbed more than 30 flights of stairs today that registered on a Fitbit I was wearing but the galaxy watch only recorded ONE!!!