JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 01-02-2019 02:21 PM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

225 Replies
TopKiller
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem. 8 pages of peaple with the same problem and samsung guys just care about the model of the phone to archive that and never fix :D.

I opened a tag 1 week ago with another problem i didnt even had responde. I also opened 1 week ago a smartthings support ticket and noone answered me yet. Good support samsung

0 Likes
user4tX8phkWxU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It's about time Samsung did something about this fitbit doesent have a problem counting floors and there alot cheaper. All these complaints on this page and hardly any had a response this has been going on for a year now GET THIS SORTED SAMSUNG!!!!!!!. 

0 Likes
user4tX8phkWxU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have joined a group on Facebook called Samsung galaxy watch there is people on there with the same problems this needs sorting Samsung get on with it.

0 Likes
sam8988378
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Also have this problem. Have a G2, connected to a Samsung s7 Active. I use the stairs at least 20 times a day. Yet one time a flight of stairs I actually registered! I came to the forums for a different, pressing problem, but found yet another problem I'm having, here. I thought "hey, at least I can solve this problem", but it turns out there's no solution in this entire thread! Not one person who said wiping out all their data helps.

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

@sam8988378, I understand your frustration, we would like to collect additional information.

Can you provide me with the below information?

Full model number:
Software/Baseband Version:
Bluetooth or LTE:
Android version:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4tX8phkWxU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Y keep asking for model numbers etc...when nothing is getting done about this problem this is all u seem to do then nothing. 

JBDoubleV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I received the galaxy watch 42 mm and a Samsung galaxy 8+ for Christmas . Rarely counts floors and I believe my step count is wrong.  I will be searching for the facebook group Hoping to find a resolution to this issues.

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

@JBDoubleV, Thank you for reaching out to us to address your concerns, Can you provide us with the following information:

Full Model Code
Software/Baseband Version
Bluetooth or LTE
Model of Phone
Android version of phone

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userr99q7t3GJQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here, I have been struggling with this issue since got it. I hope u do sth about this soon.

0 Likes
userm2zlcqiwgn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same watch and phone, but my watch does not register a flights and I have 10' of elevation. I just received the watch for Christmas and I think it may have registered 1 flight in my house 1 time.

0 Likes