JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 01-10-2019 09:18 AM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

225 Replies
MateoBrown
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

SM-R800

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userSppzrfsKoj, Do you have the watch synced with a Samsung device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
PoetLuke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes my note 8

0 Likes
userTw7iDFaezj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

No lg but steps work and sleep track

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userTw7iDFaezj Thanks for reaching out. Can you send me a private message using this link here? I need you to provide the following information

•  Model Code
  •  Software/Baseband Version
  •  Bluetooth or LTE
  •  Model of Phone
  •  Android version of phone
0 Likes
laving
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here.

I work on 9th floor and most days it counts zero. Some days I get counted 6 floors but mostly it's zero.

At home I have 2 floors and that has never counted. 

Model SM-R805F

Phone S9+

All updates done. 

0 Likes
pdqgp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

You have PM SamsungQue.   All updates on mine are done as well.   Been there done that on resetting it too and I'm not doing that again as it was a real pain getting AT&T to activate a new e-SIM again.   Waste of time.

•  Model Code: SM-R805U
  •  Software/Baseband Version:  R805USQU1BRJ6;   Tizen 4.0.0.1
  •  Bluetooth or LTE:   Mine is LTE
  •  Model of Phone: Galaxy Note 8; SM-N950U
  •  Android version of phone: Android 8.0.0
0 Likes
usertMYDVNyn7i
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

RETURN IT NOW!!!!..  They are not acknowledging any of these issues at all and are giving bad advice.   I was only told they would let their engineers know over a month ago.

userTifxl1MpxE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree .... this has gotten to be absolute BS.  Samsung's support of products has been terrible.  I waited and waited  for resolve of other issues on my previous watch (Gear S3)  with numerous assurances they would get back to me when they had a solution. NEVER HAPPENED.  When I finally contacted them again still again .... they informed me that it was NOW out of warranty.

Each of the MANY contact I had with support referenced this forum however they expressed complete ignorance of ANYTHING that occured here.

I see this is a continuation of their past issues and a waste of time.  There are other products BETTER and CHEAPER ... and supported by more competent staff.  The previous poster is right ..... I see this is something that likely needs to be RETURNED NOW!

0 Likes
my3sonsdd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can't see how this could be a watch issue since I had the Gear sport & just upgraded to the Galaxy Watch and still have the same issues. I am paired with Samsung Galaxy 9+, it has to be a software issue, not a hardware issue.

I am surprised that Samsung has not taken a long hard look at this issue since so many people complain about the same issue and all they seem to be getting from the responses is a canned answer from Samsung. These are not inexpensive devices and with all the options out there it would only make sense that Samsung finds a solution and stop giving excuses.

0 Likes