JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 01-24-2019 06:27 PM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

225 Replies
sam8988378
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I know, my old Fitbit was more accurate.

0 Likes
rk2660
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got my Samung Galaxy watch yesterday. after it was charged I decided to try it out. The stairs at my office are 20 stairs long. I did a few sets of them and it idn't register at all.  Later last night I started a stair challege at the gym. We did 20 flights of stairs and it did register them. So I tried again this morning with another 10 flights. Those flights did not register.  I was hoping that there was a setting that I missed. 

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey Guys, Just wanted to gather some additional information to troubleshoot your concerns!
Can you confirm that the most recent update (RL1) is currently installed and running on the watch?

You can find steps for updating the device here.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userlyBwh0mkfc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the same problem with my Galaxy watch. It wouldn't count floors either, or did but very sporadically. There doesn't seem to be a fix for this, so I returned the watch.
0 Likes
userfS9fSFP15q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

All please note that Fitbit is HIGHLY inaccurate at steps.  Even if you set it to know which wrist it is on it counts EVERY hand gesture. I've tested this which is why I didn't want it anymore after YEARS of owning fitbits.

The Samsung watch steps are accurate  The HR is accurate (it cannot sit on the wrist bone) . The only thing that doesn't work is the floors but I don't take stairs much so I don't care.

I am annoyed that every amin asks the same questions.... The phone means nothing..

0 Likes
JBDoubleV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

thanks for your reply.  I had become accustomed to the fitbit and I will pay close attention to my step count on my watch

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

I do not agree with you on the heart rate tracker and the step counter. My heart rate monitor regularly stops working, I need to restart my watch to get it to work again. At times it shows my heart rate in the 20-30s which is highly inaccurate. And again restarting the watch makes it work properly. The stepcounter only counts steps if you wave your arms. I don't always wave my arms if I have my phone in my hand or I am carrying bags and etcs. I found that the step counter only counts deliberate exercise type walking

steps but not a total steps walked in a day. I can be at Costco pushing a cart not get many steps at all.

Maybe your perspective is based on what is important to you personally. For me personally step counter and heart rate tracker is very important but the floor counter is not important at all so I do not pay attention to discrepancies and it doesn't bother me at all. But it is important to note that many people who posted on this forum are experiencing step counter and heart rate monitor issues. 

0 Likes
user1A9HjMLryE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Im starting to think the altimeter is the issue. Ive looked at mine after going up a flight of stairs and it says im at a lower altitude then I was when I was downstairs.

Samsung needs to acknowledge the issue and get an update out and quit pretending like they know nothing about this. 

0 Likes
userOeepuXoLsB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same issue here. It rarely counts any of my floors.
userm6L26YOSN5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Perfect, I'll do that right now. Thanks...
0 Likes