JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 02-03-2019 04:13 PM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

225 Replies
andreyk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue. I'm often hitting 10 floors target during my sleep or while sitting at my desk. Please fix it

0 Likes
KishoreU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here, not luck with Floors counting.

I am returning my watch at Costco.

So frustrating, i am not sure how this watch is getting good reviews with missing this simple feature.

0 Likes
PoetLuke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I tried something just now and it worked. I live in an apartment upstairs and the staircase is 15 steps. Walking from my car and up the steps it finally counted a floor. So I walked back down and then up again it and it registered another floor. But I did it two more times and no floors! So I decided to repeat the walk from my car to my apartment twice and it registered 2 more floors. So maybe the galaxy watch wants a "walking start" so to say before registering a floor. My wife has a fitbit and she walked up and down the stairs and registered a floor each time. I wish that was the case for us galaxy watch users but at least you can try what I did and see if it registers floors for you. I hope I made sense!

Platzerwasel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Count me as another person who will be returning the watch. I've noticed all the problems described in this forum to one degree or another..steps don't register until you get a "walking start"; floors are under-registered and also seem to require a "walking start". Sleep tracking is off too..has split my sleep into two parts two out of 3 nights and under-registered and left incomplete measurements of efficiency. Also, I have the T-Mobile LTE version and am unable to connect to LTE..apparently I need a T-Mobile branded Samsung phone in order to get that working. In short, what a mess, and I'm not encouraged at all by the apparent inactivity of Samsung representavies here to even admit, much less address, any of these problems
0 Likes
Dai the limp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem,  got the galaxy watch 46 paired to a galaxy s7 edge

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

Note: Use the paired phone to check for software updates via the Galaxy Wearable app for the watch.

From the Apps screen, touch Samsung Health.
Rotate the bezel to and touch Settings.
Touch Workout detection.
Touch the switch to turn Off the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine. (The icon will turn gray when the function is turned off.)

usersxCF2kYMa0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SamsungLarryK Why are you seemingly the only person in the company that is aware of this issue? I am on my 3rd Galaxy watch because customer services, on the phone, keep telling me to send it back for an exchange. Can we have more info on this update? You acknowledged this a week ago but still, nobody seems to know anything about it. Considering all the shouting Samsung did about this new watch and the rebranding from gear to galaxy, this is actually a shambles.

0 Likes
userXBwgP3mc00
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

What particular software does not work?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my Rose Gold Galaxy watch for a couple of weeks now and It wouldn't be a disappointment if I wanted a watch that mis-counts my steps and one that hardly ever records one flight of stairs.

Sadly I will have to return this watch to the store.

After all of these months, why the heck hasn't Samsung been able to resolve these issues?

0 Likes
pft
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Actually, it been years, not months. My S2 had the same issue.I have owned 3 samsung "Smart" watches over the past 3 years and have only logged 1 flight of stairs in my home. That should literally be over 1,000 flights. I have asked them to put an edit function so I could correct the count but they have no desire to do so. Maybe a class action lawsuit could change things.

GREAT JOB SAMSUNG!