JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 02-16-2019 03:48 PM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

225 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello @userIJOJeZ7Km0, do you have your watch connected to a Samsung device? If so, can you please provide me with the model numbers to both devices? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Connected to Galaxy S8 Model SM-G950U

Watch is SM-R800

0 Likes
Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the floors on your galaxy watch not counting properly and would be happy to look into this further for you. Your watch automatically tracks the number of floors you've climbed while wearing the watch. However, there are several factors that can cause your floor count to seem inaccurate, such as your environment and the way you walk. Give this link a try for more accurate ways to track floors on your device:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111642/

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team directly using this link: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Samsung-Support-Acknowledgement/td-p/2...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userp3VTAyBqZj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue.  I have the Galaxy watch and a Pixel 2 XL.  I see that this has been a problem for other Samsung wearables.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

This thread is >2-months old and the problems persists.  I just got the Galaxy Watch yesterday/Black Friday and immediately noticed the FLOOR count is useless.  I have a 2-story house and it registered 1-FLOOR all day!  I also question the step count.  I purchased this to replace my Fitbit Blaze and old ASUS ZW2 which is dying and wanted 1-device to cover both of their functionality.  I thought buying the GW vs Gear S3 Frontier was a smart futureproof buy but not if it isn't accurate.

I have a Note 8/SM-N950U and Galaxy Watch - SM-R800.  I have done all the recommended cache clearing suggested steps.

userSrNEDTxxwR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having a similar issue ... except exact opposite   mine is over counting    even after running stairs and cooling down doing laps  it will continue registering floors adding an extra 20 or 30 floors

kwagners
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm not sure who accepted this as a solution, but it most definitely is NOT.  When a watch, brand new out of the box cannot properly count floors (as mine and many others did), clearing the cache and all data (thus requiring your to set it back up with your phone again) is absolutely worthless.

@knightsurgeon wrote:

Thank you for the information. Can you please give these steps a shot; 

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All 3)>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Samsung Health>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Gear App>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Reset the device. Please let me know if this works for you.

Keukenrooster
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So any update on this? Because it still doesn't work properly. 

userTifxl1MpxE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agreed  ... this is a STUPID solution obviously meant to just put off people to just chase their tails.  This is a psychological technique called "transference" .... transfering the OBVIOUS "samsung problem" back to the new owner.

The FACT that it counts some of the time and not others (according to reports) is a prettty good indication that it is capable of working. Mine has counted 2 out of today's "flors".  I have a 2 story house, my office upstairs, and all eles down. I have beeen up the stairs over a dozen times.  It counted NOTHING until i updated the altimeter .... counted 2 floors ...then nothing after.  (and i have gone thru the BS listed above .... worthless) The FACT that so many people are having similar problems  is a clear indication it isnt just a few isolated "hardware failures" but rather incompetent programming and/or design. (Incompetent as this is not the first watch with these complaints)

What is most sisappointing is a call to Samsung support is even more worthless that the information revealed in these forums.