JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:09 AM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
225 Replies
user44ExXelsDQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased my Galaxy Watch Active yesterday, updated and does not capture the floor count at all. Reading the comments above I would have thought that this issue would be resolved by now. Samsung, please send an update to fix this feature.

user5i6mv5CvH7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

BASICALLY BOTH THE STEP COUNTING and FLOOR  counting does nt work..VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

user5mnLziELS9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my gear for over 2 years and the floor count has never worked consistently.  

userJ5BFlUfb5j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is nonsense.  It is January 28, 2019 and this stupid watch still does not count steps, floors, etc. correctly.  Heart rate is widly off (shows 30 beats a lot of times).  I just got a watch software update pushed to me today, which I applied.  It still is not counting stairs correctly.  It counted 10 floors today and did not count after that.

There was some brilliant user in Youtube who found out that if you had a watch face which displayed steps, floors etc. then those things will not count properly.  I am using a watch face which does not display those and it still has issues periodically.

Oh another thing:  If you have always-on watch face, then the automatic exercise tracking does not work.

What on earth happened to you Samsung?  Get your stuff together.

userxbL6EcJXxm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This doesnt help the problem! Can you tell us another solution!

laving
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
This didn't help.
How could it?
Problem lies with watch not with phone.
I'm returning the watch.
usernjgDqYiNDm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is definately not a solution - please keep the issue open, instead of closing it with a faux solution.
user3zNKVbCivi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is not a fix.

I walked up and down stairs and the altimeter recognizes going up and or down in feet but for every ten feet up or down it does not translate to flights of stairs. This seems to be a simple thing to fix with a software update. It would be very helpful if Samsung has any interest in being responsive to complaints.

userIo0yeWsGqb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did everything as recommended but still not working.

userTItKAU3oye
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too have similar problem, it is not counting the floors correctly. Today I climbed about 5 floors and it shows just 1 floor. Clearing cache like mentioned above is of no use. Any help on this?

0 Likes