JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:09 AM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
225 Replies
user2ep6SarpTN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is not a solution. I did all the steps and my Samsung 46mm watch still does not count steps. Please solve with a real solution.

userAT8Ghx2N69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too, am having this problem with my new Galaxy Watch Active that I actually returned and was given a new one.  The problem persisted.  As with the previous response, I was unable to clear the Cache/Data with the directions you gave as the 3 dots are not present.  I was however, able to clear the Cache / Data from my phone through Gear Wear by clicking on  Storage under About Watch and clicking on "Clean Now" .  This however, did not solve the problem.  

Although I am not an IT person, I do have some common sense.  Yesterday, we went for a 4 mile hike - 2 of which were mostly uphill.  My watch tracked floors flawlessly registering 74 flights of stairs.  Thinking for some reason, my watch was "fixed", I returned home to find that even though I went up and down the basement stairs (14 in all) several times, my floor counter remained at 74!  Now I don't think it takes a genius to see that since I was doing a steep climb during my hike and the counter worked properly, yet when I got home and did a normal flight of stairs, it didn't.  Given this information, I would think that if you change the incline gradient to register for a less steep climb, then upgrade the system, your problem with the floor tracker would be solved.

Hope this helps and gives us a "fix" to this problem soon or I may be going back to a Fitbit that does properly track floors.  Thank you!

userr3FuhljEWU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I reset everything per the instructions and now the watch is not tracking steps ir stairs . The watch updates when I open Samsung Heath on my phone .

Please help .

0 Likes
userssZQ0Jhe5J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same issue. The fix doesn't work, because the 3 dots are not there.

0 Likes
userv7BL1pPtkA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It does not work for me. I get to 'show system app's, but then there is nothing about 'Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data'. 

Please help.

0 Likes
David444
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried this but it did not work for me.

0 Likes
userc14P57aXtR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem in the brandnew Active 2, is very frustating and disapoiting. I do the troubleshooting and nothing still the same problem. 4 days and the same and my job have 2 floor that i in constant up and down and the Active 2 only count 1 floor. Seriously. And i connect in Note 8

0 Likes
usergaKFxusdUF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why do they continually give the same answer time and time again even though everyone says it does not work. I have an S10 and the gear rose gold watch and mine never counts floors either. I have 20 steps up to my front door I go up and down 20 times a day and it never counts a single floor or step climbed. It seems to be fairly accurate with step count but never with stairs climbed. Is there an actual solution to this problem and not the same canned reply that does not work?? I am also using S Health and have Samsung Gear rose gold watch and Samsung S9+ phone

0 Likes
userlbNeB4CybP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Stop kidding on us with your 'solution'!

Better find a proper job!

0 Likes
userinNVG9Ikio
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is not the solution, I tried it multiple times and there is no difference. The number of floors always shows 0. 

0 Likes