cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch not counting floors

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My older Gear Fit 2 actually tracked both steps and stairs better than my more expensive and new Galaxy Watch.  Only Samsung can take a step backwards and call it progress.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I realize this is an old thread, but I found it so I'm sure others will still be searching this issue.

A 4 month old reddit post helped me get an accurate floor count each and every time I go upstairs in my house.

While walking up the stairs, I make sure to swing my arm, much like power walking. Once I reach the landing, I raise my arm all the way above my head. I did this last night 4 times in a row and my watch counted 4 floors.

It's ridiculous to have to do that when the way fix would be for Samsung to allow users to set how many stairs they have, or at least how many feet up.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved? I beg to differ. I cannot follow the steps in the solution as I do not have a Device Maintenance app showing up. Maybe I'm doing something wrong (I have an LG G7). I'd hate to have to reset my watch completely for built-in functionality to work. The floor counting worked for half of a hike the other days when I opened the Altimeter app and refreshed it. It hasn't worked since. I've come to consider it a "feature" that simply doesn't work like calling 911 on a non-Samsung phone. The best thing about this watch is the battery life. That said, this watch, more than anything else, is causing me to seriously consider Apple. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found if I Recalibrate the altimeter on my watch right before I do stairs it properly counts the floors

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. I sm very disappointed.  I live in a 2 story home with 18 steps to the 2nd floor.  Today I have been up and down about 15 times as my washer is on the first floor.  Only 4 floors registered.   😡🤬🤬

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had to link three different apps for the step/ stair counter to work and show what I have been doing. Samsung health, my Galaxy watch app, and also UnderArmor workout track app. Try that, it should help.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The soluction clearing the cache and data did not solve my issue.  Is there a fix coming out for this issue? My watch counts 150 to 200 floors a day and I only climb about 12.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got this watch and was having the same problem where is was not recording any stairs until I turned ON LOCATION services on the watch. With very few exceptions, which could have been height of stairs, it has recorded all on my stair climbs since. I have noticed that there is sometimes a delay before it adds the count, but it has been consistent all week.

I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have done this and it still not counting my floors. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy Watch (SM-R810, 42mm, Bluetooth) worked really well for a few months and I was really pleased... but...

Several weeks ago it stopped counting floors.

Have tried the various (non) solutions posted in the many threads on this issue but clearly the product has basic flaw/s that render it unreliable.

No idea if fault is related to one of the very regular software updates. I use a basic watch face so doesn't seem to relate to watch face complexity, it has never even sniffed water and really only tells time & warns me of phone calls, text messages & email.

Resetting has been the only partly responsive course of action.

1st reset saw the floor counting resume, accurately, but stopped again within 48hrs.

2nd reset saw floor counting resume, but this time it started counting random multiples for each floor climbed.

3rd reset saw same issue as 2nd but told me I'd climbed an average of 64 floors per day over 3 days. No wonder my knees are sore. Smiley Sad

Reset yet again a few hours ago, so far so good but it's time has come.

Unfortunately if fails again it will have to go straight back to the Samsung store.

update:  Not even a full reset helps anymore so this faulty product will be going back to the Samsung store asap.

Pity, but I didn't buy it to "maybe" work.