JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:09 AM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
225 Replies
userlF1xgpfEbW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have found if I Recalibrate the altimeter on my watch right before I do stairs it properly counts the floors

0 Likes
KoKoaQT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same issue. I sm very disappointed.  I live in a 2 story home with 18 steps to the 2nd floor.  Today I have been up and down about 15 times as my washer is on the first floor.  Only 4 floors registered.   😡🤬🤬

Buttneked36
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had to link three different apps for the step/ stair counter to work and show what I have been doing. Samsung health, my Galaxy watch app, and also UnderArmor workout track app. Try that, it should help.

0 Likes
userEK9bXS7UoN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

The soluction clearing the cache and data did not solve my issue.  Is there a fix coming out for this issue? My watch counts 150 to 200 floors a day and I only climb about 12.  

0 Likes
usersDgOwqlApe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got this watch and was having the same problem where is was not recording any stairs until I turned ON LOCATION services on the watch. With very few exceptions, which could have been height of stairs, it has recorded all on my stair climbs since. I have noticed that there is sometimes a delay before it adds the count, but it has been consistent all week.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
thdophin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have done this and it still not counting my floors. 

Wazza_Fan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy Watch (SM-R810, 42mm, Bluetooth) worked really well for a few months and I was really pleased... but...

Several weeks ago it stopped counting floors.

Have tried the various (non) solutions posted in the many threads on this issue but clearly the product has basic flaw/s that render it unreliable.

No idea if fault is related to one of the very regular software updates. I use a basic watch face so doesn't seem to relate to watch face complexity, it has never even sniffed water and really only tells time & warns me of phone calls, text messages & email.

Resetting has been the only partly responsive course of action.

1st reset saw the floor counting resume, accurately, but stopped again within 48hrs.

2nd reset saw floor counting resume, but this time it started counting random multiples for each floor climbed.

3rd reset saw same issue as 2nd but told me I'd climbed an average of 64 floors per day over 3 days. No wonder my knees are sore. Smiley Sad

Reset yet again a few hours ago, so far so good but it's time has come.

Unfortunately if fails again it will have to go straight back to the Samsung store.

update:  Not even a full reset helps anymore so this faulty product will be going back to the Samsung store asap.

Pity, but I didn't buy it to "maybe" work.

userEP3qOpI9A1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

For years my Galaxy watch wouldn't count stairs/floors and the reason appeared to be that 3 meters (10ft UK/USA) international standard floor height as Samsung Galaxy user guide clearly states (most house floors are less than 3 meters). But, after the most recent software update, my watch started counting floors perfectly, so I thought Samsung must have changed the software to 0.9 mtrs (9 ft) or less and was very happy.  But after a week it stopped counting household floors; however, so far I've found that, at morning wake-up, doing a two-button reset and freshly calibrating the altimeter gives me accurate floor counting all day.  C'mon Samsung, sort this frustrating bug.

0 Likes
Wazza_Fan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well, what a nightmare it's been so far dealing with Samsung Support.

The Samsung Store took my faulty watch to be fixed, Samsung Support sent it back with No Fault Found.

And yes, it did work again for a day or two.  More resets, more weird (or no) floor counts.

Contacted Samsung Support again, they said send it back again, log it via web site.

Alas Samsung login doesn't work on the Support Site, so yet another fail.

Multiple emails (with weeks in-between) and zero response from Samsung Support.

Seems clear the fault is a widespread hardware fault as it randomly worked one morning, counted 6 floors then clapped out again, so zero to do with software.

Think I'll give Samsung Support a final try in a few days before contacting the Australian Competition & Consumer Comission to exercise Australian Consumer Law.

As a multiple Samsung device owner (Laptop, phones, watch & even whitegoods) I can't express how deeply disappointed I am with this issue and the poor service.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

I apologize but you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit http://bit.ly/1hx8mtb to find your country's support page.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes