cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2YVUEnZyN6
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch not measuring heart rate properly, same as Gear S3

Hi @SamsungJace, just worth mentioning I have had the Samsung rose-gold watch (42mm) for only 24 hours and have also already encountered issues with the heart rate monitor. Stopped working for about ten minutes just saying I was doing 80bpm the entire time, and at one point claimed that my heart rate was 160bpm - while I was sitting down and not moving! I did check and this wasn't the case.

Though I do love the watch, I think we can confirm, especially with all the other users in this forum, that this is definitely an issue. For users like myeslf who primarily purchased the device for the HR sensor, I think we would all appreciate Samsung doing more investigation into this issue.

TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray

@user2YVUEnZyN6 wrote:

Hi @SamsungJace, just worth mentioning I have had the Samsung rose-gold watch (42mm) for only 24 hours and have also already encountered issues with the heart rate monitor. Stopped working for about ten minutes just saying I was doing 80bpm the entire time, and at one point claimed that my heart rate was 160bpm - while I was sitting down and not moving! I did check and this wasn't the case.

Though I do love the watch, I think we can confirm, especially with all the other users in this forum, that this is definitely an issue. For users like myeslf who primarily purchased the device for the HR sensor, I think we would all appreciate Samsung doing more investigation into this issue.

Good luck, folks! Given the fact that this issue has remained across two generations of product and in light of the fact that there is a serious stuttering flaw in the camera on the latest Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phone ( and the fact that Samsung hasn’t acknowledged it for more than 3 months), I wouldn’t hold your breath. Samsung is a low quality company that I am absolutely done with!! I returned both my Galaxy Watches and sold my Galaxy  Note 9.  Samsung is a major disappoint!! I’m back with Apple with reluctance, but hey, their products work!!

userDIItaXnZDB
Constellation

I bought 5 days ago the galaxy watch 46 bluetooth version and I have the same HR issues.

As soon as I go outside and change the pace a little the HR freezes, I mean even when I walk a little faster it stops measuring.

Looks like the HR works only when you are in a resting state, which is pathetic.

I hope they will fix this soon, a lot of money for a faulty product! Smiley Sad

userYWo7SbV1v9
Astronaut

Same problem here. It rarely goes above 150 despite playing squash for over 1h30. When using Garmin it would go above 175 and be accurate. 

I am starting to regret the buy... 

When is the next update ? 

i am based in malaysia. 

kula
Constellation

All we know at the moment (based on forum posts) is that Samsung is aware of the bug and is trying to fix it. No ETA has been given.

The reason they keep it quiet here is that IMO this *major bug* warrants a recall. 

Samsung should come clean and tell us if this is a hardware or software bug (or both). They should also provide a timeline for a resolution. 

TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray

Actually, Samsung should halt production and stop advertising until they’ve ascertained the root cause. Like the current camera problem with the Galaxy Note 9, it is highly unethical for them to keep selling defective products. 

userlfyKTxKdBE
Astronaut

Dear SamsungJace,

I have the same issue with HR monitoring and as there is a team working on the issue can you please provide a link where we can follow the official problem resolution and/or progress.

Thank you !

user2kKhfx6kD7
Constellation

I have the same issue. Better sort out soon or will return the watch.
userSK5IuC3Fmt
Constellation

Another here having just recently paid a lot of money for the watch and having defective HR (one of the main reasons in buying). I will return if no clear timeline or committment established. I will also ensure I communicate this to as wide an audiance as possible as Samsung will not bother with the handful of people on this post, but may when there are thousands that are aware and alternatively buying competitors products.

SKB
Asteroid

Thanks for your reply. Manual HR measure on those situations gives the same result - no successful HR measurement. 

I'll try disabling auto detect for elliptical and rowing. However I'm already unhappy with that as a potential solution, as elliptical is my main exercise.