cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch not receiving any notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy Watch stopped receiving notifications after a recent update.  I still receive phone calls, but nontexts or emails.  The alarm and calendar still work. 

I have tried all the reset, uninstall, and reboot suggestions found in these posts and on the internet.

When I contacted Samsung, I was told it was a hardware issue.  I find this hard to believe since y have never dropped the watch and I still receive phine calls through it and some notifications, like alarm and calendar, still work.  

It seems to me like it is a software issue that needs to be fixed by Samsung since it stopped working after an update.

Has anyone else had this issue?  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch not receiving any notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally figured out what was wrong with my watch. The back glass had to come loose the one covering the heart rate monitor. When I reattached it I did not align the holes properly. One of the sensors was covered. this made the watch think that it was never on my wrist.  once I realign the glass with the proper sensors I started receiving messages again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me too!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my Galaxy Watch for about a month and it was working all good and well with my S7. Upgraded to the S20 yesterday and still everything was working...until a couple of hours ago. Now no notifications are coming through at all. I have followed the troubleshooting that was recommended by TheDroidGuy all except resetting my watch. I really don't want to have to go through the reconnection process all over again. I backed my watch up as I don't want to lose my settings or my watch face. But a troubleshoot recommended on another post regarding this issue said not to restore the data and to start from scratch again.

I was assured the phone and the watch were indeed compatible and all was working fine till just a couple of hours ago. And someone said ever since they installed the galaxy watch update...and I seem to remember one tonight I installed...nooooo!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally figured out what was wrong with my watch. The back glass had to come loose the one covering the heart rate monitor. When I reattached it I did not align the holes properly. One of the sensors was covered. this made the watch think that it was never on my wrist.  once I realign the glass with the proper sensors I started receiving messages again.

View solution in original post