cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userv1yogZYQxI
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch - sensor comes off due to poor quality and Samsung expects us to pay to repair it

I bought my galaxy watch in December 2018, and by May 2019 the sensor cover under the watch came off.  It is evidently glued together and is not sweat proof.  I called support, opened a ticket, and mailed the watch in. I get an email response saying due to "water damage," I have to pay to have it fixed.

Of course there is water damage, from sweat!  Is it not a fitness tracker, did you tell us it we can't wear it during fitness use or if we sweat (is there a human who doesn't sweat). No you did not. Now this sticky glue is exposed and they want me to pay to have the watch fixed instead of repairing it and using quality materials. At this point I should have stuck to my apple watch.

Called Samsung on 7/10/19 at 4p, spoke to Caroline, and they are adamant that I pay for repairs. Common sense has been lost as I included pics of the plate coming off and explanation to support. I will not pay for another watch and I will trash this watch in every review and post the pics unless Samsung makes me and (other consumers) whole...it's not right to shortcut and cheapen the quality of what is a great watch and then hold consumers liable to hundreds of dollars!!!

I had to push through support until someone understood the ABCs of the "consumer isn't in the wrong"...it's riduculous!!!

20190703_095334.jpg20190703_095350.jpg20190703_095633.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 4.35.38 PM.png

10 REPLIES 10
TheRabbi
Halo

Re: Galaxy Watch - sensor comes off due to poor quality and Samsung expects us to pay to repair it

Always sad when a company can't stand behind their product. It's like: if Samsung doesn't have any confidence in what they sell, why should I? 

Yes, the Galaxy Watch is supposed to be swim-proof (I use mine for 80-minute lap swims). But I guess what they're telling you is: "Well, it's swim-proof until water damages it; then it isn't."

No wonder they're being sued for deceptive marketing in Australia. 

Highlighted
userv1yogZYQxI
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch - sensor comes off due to poor quality and Samsung expects us to pay to repair it

Its ridiculous...a fitness watch that is quoted as "water resistant" and breaks down from sweat...held together with gummy bears....

usereVRbYbTyZV
Asteroid

I just sent mine in for repair last week for the same exact issue. They want me to pay for the repair, also. Not happy. This may be the end of my relationship with Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usereVRbYbTyZV Can I please have your ticket number?

usereVRbYbTyZV
Asteroid

Why do you ask for a ticket number and then go silent?

userv1yogZYQxI
Asteroid

Escalate the ticket until its resolved. I did until they covered it under warranty. As for the product, I agree, not sure I'll ever buy another one...and it's a shame as I really like the watch... 

Georgeyfresh
Constellation

This just happened to me. How is this not covered under w...

This just happened to me. How is this not covered under warranty?

userv1yogZYQxI
Asteroid

Re: This just happened to me. How is this not covered under w...

Dont budge, escalate until its covered....makes no sense....

uservThMwarPL1
Astronaut

This is happening to me right now. The watch product guide says its water resistant. I only use it to workout and never used it in water. The back cover came off and I guess I lost it during my workout. I've been contacting Samsung for 2 days trying to get it repaired. They've sent me to a whole bunch of people and expect me to pay for the repair and I only had the watch for 4 months and it's still covered under manufacturer's warranty. Now they're telling me to call someone else. I am definitely going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the FCC. The craftsmanship of this product is bad and Samsung wont honor their warranty promises. Ugh. 

@userv1yogZYQxI wrote:

I bought my galaxy watch in December 2018, and by May 2019 the sensor cover under the watch came off.  It is evidently glued together and is not sweat proof.  I called support, opened a ticket, and mailed the watch in. I get an email response saying due to "water damage," I have to pay to have it fixed.

Of course there is water damage, from sweat!  Is it not a fitness tracker, did you tell us it we can't wear it during fitness use or if we sweat (is there a human who doesn't sweat). No you did not. Now this sticky glue is exposed and they want me to pay to have the watch fixed instead of repairing it and using quality materials. At this point I should have stuck to my apple watch.

Called Samsung on 7/10/19 at 4p, spoke to Caroline, and they are adamant that I pay for repairs. Common sense has been lost as I included pics of the plate coming off and explanation to support. I will not pay for another watch and I will trash this watch in every review and post the pics unless Samsung makes me and (other consumers) whole...it's not right to shortcut and cheapen the quality of what is a great watch and then hold consumers liable to hundreds of dollars!!!

I had to push through support until someone understood the ABCs of the "consumer isn't in the wrong"...it's riduculous!!!

20190703_095334.jpg20190703_095350.jpg20190703_095633.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 4.35.38 PM.png