cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userv1yogZYQxI
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch - sensor comes off due to poor quality and Samsung expects us to pay to repair it

@uservThMwarPL1 

Escalate...and refuse  to budge. The front line agents can't make the call to replace, ask for support or mgmt and be relentless. They replaced mine under warranty. I refused to hang up until they explain to me why a poor quality resin that deteriorated and let my sweat in was my fault.

Fight, Fight, Fight!!!

userGzgpAc9Tdp
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch - sensor comes off due to poor quality and Samsung expects us to pay to repair it

I have the exact same issue and just got the email that I have to pay to get my wife's watch fixed.  That watch has been babied and has never seen water.  We sent it in immediately when we saw the cover was stuck to her arm when she took off the watch.

The watch worked fine (I factory reset it before sending it in) and now they say it needs a new circuit board.  If it needs a new circuit board then it's because of the substandard glue they used in the sensor glass.  

Seeing that this happens over and over again feels very scammy to me.  I've been a Samsung guy for MANY years but this may be it for me.  This watch will cost them way more in future sales from me than it would cost to do the right thing.

Highlighted
userUtxKoZz4wY
Astronaut

I have gone through exactly the same experience and agony in 3 months of buying. Inspite of being ashamed of their poor quality and realizing that due to displacement of the sensor cover, water damage may have happened while washing hand or exercising. It seems they have custome reply for this faulty cover.

usergOICqVHMPR
Constellation

Same happend to me.

Std. Repair Fee

: $0.00

LCD Assembly Repair Fee

PBA Repair Fee

Care Pack Fee

LCD Repair Fee

Subtotal

Tax

$0.00

We regret to inform you that your service order has been Cancelled by Agent.
Cancelled Reason: Customer Request (by agent)

Please refer to the definitions below to clarify the Cancelled Reason:
Non Defect (Working Properly) - The device is being returned as there was no trouble found.
Cancelled by POP - The proof of purchase provided does not meet Samsung warranty requirements. Example: Electronic Serial Number not listed.
Customer Request - The service order has been cancelled by customer's request.
Cancelled Hold for Price - The device is being returned unrepaired due to non-payment for out of warranty repair charges.

one min. they said 145.06 then when i tell them to send it back after 2 hours on the phone with Samsung they send me oh theres nothing wrong. we couldnt find anything. Fishy. very Fishy. R.I.P. Samsung

usergOICqVHMPR
Constellation

lol they editted my message. the cost was 145.06 for the repair. then on another email said it was fine.  What a scam on samsungs part.

userYnkwokTPjC
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch - sensor comes off due to poor quality and Samsung expects us..

I had two Galaxy watches, an S2 and the Sport (touted for water use). I never want another one because of the glue on the back sensor doesn't hold up with 3 months use. If you do use your watch in the pool, and the faulty seal allows water in, Samsung has no interest in repairing. It's the biggest racket ever. With the software changes resulting in a lack of easy integration with Google Fit and other health apps, Samsung watches aren't worth the money. If you must have one, buy from a retailer that believes in excellent customer service, so you have an option when Samsung refuses to honor the warranty.