JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 01-21-2020 04:49 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I know how frustrating it can be to have your sensor fall off, and I apologize for your experience. The watch will need to serviced to be repaired.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks but I've already replaced it with a Fitbit. I'm not interested in dealing with repair or replacement of this watch.

It's disgraceful that something that is touted as an 'active' watch, that has features meant to maximize health and fitness, and that costs as much as it does, is so cheaply made. Maybe a watch meant to move and sweat in ought to be more rugged? The sensor cover has big globs of dried glue on the underside. That seems like the cheapest possible way to attach the cover that protects the workings of this so-called 'active' watch. 

This watch ought to have remained intact for more than thirteen months. And if not, it should not be so expensive and inconvenient to repair it. It's this kind of cheaping out on the basics that gives Samsung a bad name.

userL4KnwppYqf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am so frustrated. My watch all of a sudden went black after being on water locked mode for 10 minutes! I go to take it off, dry it off, and then the sensor comes off! So now I have a non working Galaxy Watch Active 2 with the sensor off, and it won't work! I've literally had this thing for 14 months! That's insane! My husband has had his Garmin watch in water and everything for well over 5+ years! I'm so frustrated and upset. This was my mother's day gift and now a little over a year later, it is done. I have never been so disappointed with a product. 

userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had a Garmin Forerunner for years. I think I even bought it refurbished. I replaced the band twice but the thing kept on running like a champ. I kept waiting for it to die so I could get  a smartwatch. I finally gave it away. I replaced it with this so-called Active Watch - which I tossed in the electronics recyling bin fourteen months after buying it brand new.

I now have the Fitbit Charge 4 and I like it a lot better. The underside where the sensor is, seems made more like my old Forerunner.  It's more comfortable. It has the features I want without all the ones I don't. I bought the Active watch in large part because of the ability to download Spotify but it was such a hassle to get it sync and it didn't work half the time. The Samsung Health app sucked and the calorie tracking for workouts was way off. I like the Fitbit app a lot better and the calorie burn for workouts is much closer to being correct than the Samsung app ever was. There's also no annoying robot-voiced coach interrupting my workouts that I can't opt out of.  The Samsung Health app didn't have an exercise category for the workouts I do the most (HIIT) so I had to choose 'other workout' and the calorie count was never right. The Fitbit has 'bootcamp' as an exercise category which is perfect for what I do. In short, I'm much happier w my Fitbit and only sorry that I wasted $250 on that Samsung piece of junk.

usersq3MuYOyff
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Let me tell you about  my Samsung active 2 watch journey – We bought the watch last fall from Costco for $189.99 – in June the back slid off – checking the Internet this is a common problem – the watch was repaired under warranty and returned – a few days later it stopped working – we sent it back and they told us there would be a charge because we removed the back – we complained and they repaired it under warranty again – when we got it back it lasted only a few hours and stopped working – we sent it back again and now they want $219.79 to fix it since we damaged it and the warranty is now void. They claim the watch got wet but in the add "Finally, in terms of hardware, the Galaxy Watch Active features the same dual-core 1.15GHz chipset and 4GB of internal storage space as the Samsung Galaxy Watch. It's waterproof to 5ATM and rated at IP68, so you can use it to track your swimming sessions" so after the watch back was replaced it still leaked water. the customer service may be the worst I have ever experienced.  We have escalated the issue through our credit card company . Hopefully they can do something 

useryXGkiqmwOm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
They'll "repair" it and it will come off in 6 months again, I guarantee it. I have had mine "reapaired" by them and the sensor came off again. They claim water damage, I don't wear the watch when washing my face or doing the dishes. It NEVER gets wet. They told me the best suction would be to buy a new watch.
Their customer service is awful and they refuse to actually help you. In fact, I had a CS agent get really defensive about this subject and cursed me out.
Samsung_fsVAQy2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased my Galaxy Watch less than one year ago and technically it's still under warranty. Recently the sensor cover on the back of my watch fell off, so I contacted Samsung to file a claim. I was sent a return label and I returned the watch. Samsung contacted me today to tell me that my warranty has been voided since my watch has liquid damage. I have never submerged my watch in water or even showered with it. The only liquid that could have gotten into the watch is sweat. I'm a paraplegic that uses a manual wheelchair, so sweating is definitely part of my daily routine. The Galaxy watch is a watch that Samsung advertised as one that you can swim in, but mines could not withstand the daily sweat from a paraplegic. I have been a loyal customer of Samsung for several years, spending several thousands of dollars on their products. After the lack of costomer service that I received today I will be taking my future business elsewhere. Samsung asked me to pay $339 to have my watch repaired. I am very disappointed with Samsung and their attempt to take advantage of customers. 

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Oh no!  Could you send me a private message with your transaction number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userrzEC2iuX0d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

happend to me on 2 galaxy watches back to back, first time i thought it was a bad piece (benefit of doubt), it was under warrenty and got THE same tape recorder reply "water damage". I insisted it has never seen a drop of water in california maybe only sweat, but they still gave me quote of around 150$ for water damage, for a watch which is suppose to be WATER RESISTANT. Now, my wife's watch back plate came off last week (should have taken best buy warrenty for samsung product) and given the experience am not even bothering with warrenty claim. Just bought macbook pro recently, guess I will slowley migrate to apple ecosystem.