JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 02-21-2020 07:32 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
Chipsahoy74
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had a similar issue with the HR sensor falling off too.

0 Likes
userpHBzzXmxPO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Seems to be really common. I cant believe that they didnt take care of this the first couple of times. 

userYl6a0Fcfdy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sent in all documents that were requested,  I have NOT received a shipping label, have sent watch back 3 times and didn't have a problem recieving a shipping label have checked all folders in my box  and my son checked all his folders in his box no shipping label? 

0 Likes
usersn3CppOA5E
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userSFof7f4UOr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user0JRXrTKQ5q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same, it's burnt my wrist in 4 different spots.  I'm very disappointed in the product.  

0 Likes
userSOLEHRIJ6B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased my silver cloud in January and the back fell off in May. We purchased it from Best Buy so we used our insurance. I called Samsung and spoke with a representative that told me if there was any physical damage the warranty would be void. That didn't make sense. Clearly there was physical damage, the back fell off. He said I could send it in and they would see. That's when we decided to just use the insurance we purchased, for a new one. The bad part of that was there were no cloud silver ones available. Now I am stuck with a black one. I have the light blue S20+ and the Galaxy+ blue buds and this ugly black watch. I had the original Samsung watch when it first came out and the same thing happened. So much for brand loyalty. It may be time to look for a better built watch. 

0 Likes
userBIDikD3sDM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased my Galaxy watch just about one year ago and the sensor just came off and there was sticky gooey stuff all over my wrist. I have never worn it in the shower or swim, I never get it wet, other than sweating during exercise. I tried sticking it back together which didn't last one day. I saw the cover was slipping out from under the watch today. So I started to look for solutions and am very sad to see there are 15 pages of people who have encountered the same problem and Samsung is not standing behind it's product. 

**So, I searched for sensor cover/adhesive, and found on ebay the adhesive is sold for about $13. I Hoping my sweat hasn't ruined the sensor. I will follow up when I see if the adhesive works.

I have had very good luck with Samsung phones over the last 12 years. Poor design, I'm very disappointed that Samsung isn't backing this up.

0 Likes