JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 03-02-2020 10:49 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey there! 

Based on the symptoms described this would require service.

If your unit is out of the manufacturer's warranty please reach out to our Depot team to obtain estimates on repairs - 1-310-669-4334.

For in Warranty units experiencing this, we ask that you please  send a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:

Serial Number:

Please note: If your sensor has come detached  make sure you are not wearing the watch, and are very careful with the unit,  as without the sensor key components are subject to exposure of moisture or other debri that could cause liquid or physical damage, which is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

majon2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well I have been on the phone for over an hour was supposed to be transfer to a manager then to the survey none happened.

I have my watch for less than a year, my watch started to burn my wrisk in November I tried to let it rest then wear it again I was trying to get my workout registered but it kept burning me so in January I gave up then in July I went to the store who told me I had to contact samsung directly and that my watch was still under warrenty because the cover fell off and that was why I was getting burned.

Of course their answer was that there was water damages and they wanted over $250 for the repair. I told them I didn't want the "water" damages fixed because my watch works fine i just wanted the cover to be put back on. Their response was they don't do partial repair. My watch was never in the water (even tough it is a waterproof watch to 50 feet) I suspect that the cover fell off and I was wearing it excercising (it is a sport watch right?) I am very unhappy with the customer service I received actually that  I didn't received. I will follow the best advise of this forrum I will switch to Apple products. Admit you have a defectif produt and help us. I paid $380. for that watch and you want me to pay and other $250..? I really felt that nobody cared and it was just pay up. Now I see that some people reglued the cover with super glue..Lots of incompetance at Samsung.

Mstigger1969
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Good afternoon, the sensor on the back of my watch came off also. I took the watch off & let it air dry. Since my watch is out of warranty, I took some crazy glue (4 dots - very carefully) & placed it on the cover & stuck it back on the watch. No problems since then & watch is working great. I was very very careful not to get the glue on the sensor itself

SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userrzEC2iuX0d wrote:

happend to me on 2 galaxy watches back to back, first time i thought it was a bad piece (benefit of doubt), it was under warrenty and got THE same tape recorder reply "water damage". I insisted it has never seen a drop of water in california maybe only sweat, but they still gave me quote of around 150$ for water damage, for a watch which is suppose to be WATER RESISTANT. Now, my wife's watch back plate came off last week (should have taken best buy warrenty for samsung product) and given the experience am not even bothering with warrenty claim. Just bought macbook pro recently, guess I will slowley migrate to apple ecosystem.

They told me today they opened up the back of my watch and found some liquid damage and corsion. My watch has never been submerged in water. She even asked if I put it on the water mode when I am washing my hands. I told her to come here and read where several other people are having the same problem and that this sensor keeps coming off. My husband even mentioned it could be sweat andI tried to put thepiece back on and went to charge my phone and not only was it not charging anymore it told me the phone was overheating something about heat damage to take it off the charger which I did. And now they don't want to homor my warranty. I am super upset with Samsung. She said it will be escilated to someomne higher up and they will call me back tomorrow. In the mean time I am looking at getting a totally different smart watch and will not buy Samsung anymore if they don't make this right.

0 Likes
Samsung_fsVAQy2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

They told me the exact same thing. After I posted my complaint on this blog, I was contacted by one of Samsung Moderators that eventually help me get a replacement for my watch. They should be contacting you shortly. You will not get anywhere with the clowns on the phone. Good luck!

Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Seriously! A supervisor calling me back won't be any help only someone on here? I am waiting on a supervisor to call me back! I have never submerged my wacth in any kind of liquid and always take it off when I shower. The back sensor fell off and that is when all my problems started. I didn't even know it had fallen off till a couple days later after wearing it I found it on the bathroom floor. Than it quit charging I woke up one morning and it was on 0 after being on the charger all night and the sensor kept coming off and then I was getting another error after putting it back on and charging it being too hot or overheating and I tried another charger same thing. That is when I called Samsung and looked up the date I bought watch at Best Buy.

They are telling me liquid damage inside the back with corsosion and liquid damage on the LCD I keep a screen protector on the front. I would know if I got my watch wet. My husband is the one who found this community and I told them on the phone it's happened to several other people. I have Samsung phones a chromebook and have been team Samsung since the 7 Edge came out switched from HTC. But am really going to not buy Samsung again if they don't make this right. I'm so upset over this!

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Rose4uKY I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number, serial number/ IMEI, and pictures of the symptom you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank just sent it! Cause when I call 1-800 Samsung they are no help and they told me a supervisor would contact me today and all I got was another VM from a regular person saying I have to pay $225 and that it's my fault their is water damage. I am having the same problem as every person on here and we all seem to have gotten our watches in 2019 so it's a faulty batch. Thank You!

Kitbina
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree whole heartedly with you, It has to be a manufacturing issue. How is a product that. A , supposed to be water proof, having a issue of the adhesive that keeps the sensor on just to fall off. As much water contact my watch gets is wearing it and rain splashing on the top, yet the other day the back just fell off, I noticed glue like substance which held it in.. I just purchased my watch in 2020, I got off the phone with a representative informing me the service charge to start a repair for warranty watches is 81.00, which can change if they "find" any other issues.

0 Likes