JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 03-24-2020 07:28 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
Toot27
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

after 8 months, same thing happened to mine

and it has never been near water at all

very disappointed, I should not have trusted Samsung since my Gear Fit2 had the same issue but thought Galaxy Watch would be better!

0 Likes
userFKGSfckupr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same issue. The backing came off and it won't even charge without it. I don't see an option to message samsung about it on the site, how were you able to contact them?

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello!

I can understand your concern here and I would like to assist the best I can. Could you please elaborate on the symptoms you have experienced. 

When did this happen?

How did you first notice this?

What kind of activity was being done before this was noticed?

Send that along with the model and serial number to me in a private message so I can assist you further. https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

0 Likes
userDW7rvb2Jln
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had my watch for 4 months and the back panel came off yesterday. Like everyone else who has posted, mine has not been exposed to water. Is it actually worth following up with Samsung on this? We have had major issues with the company when purchasing appliances for our kitchen and their customer service is absolutely appalling considering how much of a loyal customer we have been over the years. Can the watch operate without the back panel?

0 Likes
Almando
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would contact Samsung and see what they can do if the watch is still under warranty , I'm sorry you're experiencing this , I suggest not to use it without the back before further damage occurs.

0 Likes
ChrisLowe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Customer service is a joke in this country anymore. I feel your pain

0 Likes
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sorry to hear that this happened to you I would recommend contacting one of Samsung Certified Repair Center at the links below to help get it fixed.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Or

https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
userudgqnquLmv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had mine for 6 months and my back panel just fell off too. I need to replace it asap. What can Samsung do to resolve this?

0 Likes
userYl6a0Fcfdy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Had my Samsung galaxy 42mm watch since Sept 2018 , the sensor cover on the back has been repair twice and the battery for over heating, a week ago the sensor cover fell off for the third time, sent my watch in for repair and of course they claimed water damage , if they could make a sensor cover that would stay intact for what they claim is a water resistant watch they refused to repair their defective design, so a watch that I paid over 300$ only lasted a year and half and that was with 2 repairs for the same defective part , loved the watch and functions very poor quality and very poor customer service . If you can't be active and sweat when wearing a 300$ watch then it shouldn't have sport functions VERY POOR QUALITY and even worse customer service SAVE your money and buy something that won't fall apart when you use it for it's intended purpose ! 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can you please provide me with the ticket number for your repair in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes