JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 03-31-2020 02:08 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
userosctJjogqx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This just happen to me too. The cover fell off in my hand when putting in on the charger in the morning. It was dead and would not charge. I am sending in for service under its warrenty, but I am guessing they are going to find water damage and not want to take care of it...We'll see.  I totall agree with your comment that if the cover was not defective and would stay on, water damage would not have happened.  This is Samsung's issue but as usuall with thie huge companies, they always try to get out of their responsibility  even when good old fashion common sence provides the truth. 

useriCXCrKI2hP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

20200310_084633.jpg

I'm glad that I'm not the only one having this same problem.  After many hours and being re-routed more times than I care to count, I was able to send the supervisor, ntcm_ag030@sea.samsung.com, a clearly visible picture of the back of the watch where only the adhesive is clearly jacked up (not even sure where the sensor cover is).  He said that he didn't see what I saw seeing, so I got a second opinion from a friend, who works in tech, to look at the picture and she said that it's clear that the adhesive failed to keep the cover on, hence the water damage. 

According to Samsung's specs, the watch is water-resistant up to 50 meters (https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wearables/galaxy-watch-active/specs/ ).  How do you think they tested that in order to make that public claim?  WITH THE SENSOR COVER ON! Now they want me to pay them to repair my watch (purchased last July).  At this point, you can scrap it for parts.  I'll be moving to a new wearable and phone manufacturer.   

SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello!

If you are experiencing these symptoms, could you please send me a private message with your model code and serial number along with photos of the watch.

https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

Thank you!

0 Likes
Cateason
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased my Active 2 in December 2019 and it has been working fine until a couple of days ago when the heart rate sensor on the back of the watch came off. This is most disappointing - especially for a less than four month old watch that has had very light usage so far (my first Samsung wearable - perhaps my last).

Please advise how to go about repair/replacement.

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey there!

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL​
​​​​​​

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DG1790
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm sorry your dealing with such issues and id be glad to assist you in this matter.
In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the watches onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
userVyTEXbPPdo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my Galaxy Watch for several months now, and tonight when I took it off of the charger that the heart rate sensor cover had slipped off from its correct location. I managed to push it back into place, but similar complaints* seem to be common on these forums, so I don't have much hope that it will stay put. What are my options here?

* https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Watch-Sensor-Cover-Fell-Off/td-p/649307/page...

Valerie_837
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey @userVyTEXbPPdo ,

I'm sorry and I can understand how frustating this can be. If you've only had the watch a few months, you can contact Samsung for warranty information and the process of getting the watch repaired so this issue doesnt happen again. You can find the infomation to speak to a representative on the Contact Us page or directly through your Samsung Members app.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

If the sensor cover falls off again,  feel free to send me a private message so that I can get some additional information from you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Evonn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
same thing is happening to me. this is my second watch and the same thing is happening again.
I keep taking back and getting a new one.
0 Likes