JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 06-23-2020 05:19 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
userUx6v0CFGxY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch is less than a year old and the sensor cover just fell off yesterday. I don't know what to do. I have always taken very good care of it. I don't even get it wet. Any feedback would be welcome.

0 Likes
userC8flACpvLq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Recently had the same issue, looked down and noticed the back was sticking to my arm and not to the watch.  Just sent a private message, but I will probably get a response like my watch is too old.  Dont get it, seems like a design flaw and Samsung should just repair.  A move like that would make customer loyality go crazy...

0 Likes
userAUiZWvT37E
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have only had this watch since February. I don't sleep, swim or shower with it.  Noticed yesterday that the sensor cover was feeling "squishy", it moved a bit.  Today the cover came right off.  I have had Garmin smartwatch ea for years and never had such an issue.  This was an expensive watch it should last a lot longer than a few months under normal wearing conditions. In fact, I've barely left the house due to Covid 19.

0 Likes
LenaG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I  had my watch only couple month and sesor cover fell off.I didnt bother Samsung ,didnt want it to send back .It is upsetting because $4oo price tag.Never happened to all my Samsung watches before.

I used "Adhesive sealant Black silicone " Worked almost for 2 years,I just glued it back second time.

0 Likes
user1xam1KeWR1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This just happened to me over the weekend on my Galaxy Watch 42mm. I've had it since Christmas 2018. It happened during a hike, when I noticed that HR wasn't tracking. Went to clean off the sensor, and the glass moved with my finger! Managed to keep the glass on, but now it rotates around in place. Between this issue, and workouts that randomly stop tracking, I'm seriously considering a different brand for my next watch. 

0 Likes
useriEsMPsOsTB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue---my back cover fell off.  What is the solution? This definitely appears to be a design flaw.  Please advise.

0 Likes
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did the mods on this thread help you with your watch issue?

0 Likes
Samsung_fsVAQy2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes. They help me get a refurbished watch. I just had to provide proof of purchase.

0 Likes
userPHv5SsBLki
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had the same experience.  We have received three replacement Galaxy 42MM watch and the sensor cover has come off all of them.  I am sending back the third replacement watch in less than a year and have received no satisfaction at all from Samsung.  This watch is a huge disappointment and a $379.00 waste of money.  I will never buy another Samsung watch!  

@Samsung_fsVAQy2 wrote:

I purchased my Galaxy Watch less than one year ago and technically it's still under warranty. Recently the sensor cover on the back of my watch fell off, so I contacted Samsung to file a claim. I was sent a return label and I returned the watch. Samsung contacted me today to tell me that my warranty has been voided since my watch has liquid damage. I have never submerged my watch in water or even showered with it. The only liquid that could have gotten into the watch is sweat. I'm a paraplegic that uses a manual wheelchair, so sweating is definitely part of my daily routine. The Galaxy watch is a watch that Samsung advertised as one that you can swim in, but mines could not withstand the daily sweat from a paraplegic. I have been a loyal customer of Samsung for several years, spending several thousands of dollars on their products. After the lack of costomer service that I received today I will be taking my future business elsewhere. Samsung asked me to pay $339 to have my watch repaired. I am very disappointed with Samsung and their attempt to take advantage of customers. 

userYiaUNmS8Bj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my Active 2 watch for only two months.  Same story as all of the postings below; I've never taken it swimming or in the shower & the sensor back fell off.  It's never seen a drop of water, only sweat.  This is heartbreaking!!