JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch sensor cover fell off

(Topic created on: 1/21/20 4:49 PM)
Samsung_fsVAQy2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased my Galaxy Watch less than one year ago and technically it's still under warranty. Recently the sensor cover on the back of my watch fell off, so I contacted Samsung to file a claim. I was sent a return label and I returned the watch. Samsung contacted me today to tell me that my warranty has been voided since my watch has liquid damage. I have never submerged my watch in water or even showered with it. The only liquid that could have gotten into the watch is sweat. I'm a paraplegic that uses a manual wheelchair, so sweating is definitely part of my daily routine. The Galaxy watch is a watch that Samsung advertised as one that you can swim in, but mines could not withstand the daily sweat from a paraplegic. I have been a loyal customer of Samsung for several years, spending several thousands of dollars on their products. After the lack of costomer service that I received today I will be taking my future business elsewhere. Samsung asked me to pay $339 to have my watch repaired. I am very disappointed with Samsung and their attempt to take advantage of customers. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
80 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can you please provide me with the ticket number for your repair in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Chipsahoy74
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had a similar issue with the HR sensor falling off too.

0 Likes
userpHBzzXmxPO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Seems to be really common. I cant believe that they didnt take care of this the first couple of times. 

userYl6a0Fcfdy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sent in all documents that were requested,  I have NOT received a shipping label, have sent watch back 3 times and didn't have a problem recieving a shipping label have checked all folders in my box  and my son checked all his folders in his box no shipping label? 

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userSFof7f4UOr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

0 Likes
user0JRXrTKQ5q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same, it's burnt my wrist in 4 different spots.  I'm very disappointed in the product.  

0 Likes
userSOLEHRIJ6B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased my silver cloud in January and the back fell off in May. We purchased it from Best Buy so we used our insurance. I called Samsung and spoke with a representative that told me if there was any physical damage the warranty would be void. That didn't make sense. Clearly there was physical damage, the back fell off. He said I could send it in and they would see. That's when we decided to just use the insurance we purchased, for a new one. The bad part of that was there were no cloud silver ones available. Now I am stuck with a black one. I have the light blue S20+ and the Galaxy+ blue buds and this ugly black watch. I had the original Samsung watch when it first came out and the same thing happened. So much for brand loyalty. It may be time to look for a better built watch. 

0 Likes