JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 12-15-2019 09:09 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
user1qGL2vFc08
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

The same thing happened to me after owning the watch less than a year.  This is an obvious flaw. I  sent it in to be repaired and Samsung shared it was no longer under warranty because of water damage and would cost $349 to repair.  I never swam, bathed or showered etc...  with the watch.  Highly disappointed and questioning their ethics.   

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey there! I understand how frustrating this is. 

Based on the symptoms described this would require service.

If your unit is out of the manufacturer's warranty please reach out to our Depot team to obtain estimates on repairs - 1-310-669-4334.

For in Warranty units experiencing this, we ask that you please  send a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:

Serial Number or IMEI number:

Please note: If your sensor has come detached, make sure you are not wearing the watch, and are very careful with the unit,  as without the key components are subject to exposure to moisture or other debris that could cause liquid or physical damage, which is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Becca0829
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm absolutely disgusted with the fact that my watch which is supposed to be water resistant is now coming apart. The back sensor cover has come off and after reading multiple threads on it happening to them, I think this is a defect with Samsung that needs to be addressed. The cost of these devices are high enough that we should get the satisfaction of trusting they should last a while. I bought the device because I am a fitness freak and now I cannot even trust Samsung "ACTIVE" watch. 

Do not buy this product.. I've read too many reviews of this happening to them. 
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have the 1st gen Galaxy Watch Active and never seen this happen.
0 Likes
Samsung_00vBeHn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello! I was trying to clean my watch and the testing port cover (oblong cover above the sensor) popped off and I can't find it!

Can it be replaced? Is it safe to wear without the cover? 

Thank you! 

pool_shark
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Try calling them out publicly on social media.
Companies hate public, well deserved admonishment. I'd also include the BBB, consumer reports, Apple, and a news organization.
Let them get some bad press about their expensive devices. Let their competitors use it against them in their ads.

They've already been in trouble over their TV's and I think their is a lawsuit about their refrigerators.

I catchy hashtag won't hurt.

0 Likes
Samsung_R8dCbae
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the watch too. For the watch to be in water you have to turn on the water proof mode. I made the same mistake, and my watch doesn't work anymore. Sorry man

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Samsung_R8dCbae

There is no "water Proof mode" to activate. You are probably thinking of the "Water LOCK Mode" which only has to do with the display touch function and speaker. Not improving the water seal. Look it up in the User Manual. 

0 Likes
userh5VOuG9P85
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This isn't really true.  The waterlock mode just prevents the water from opening stuff on your screen.  And my watch died due to water damage with it on anyway.  Denied my in warrenty claim...and sent me back the watch (tonight) without the bezel.

0 Likes
userq58M6ZvNkp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had the same issue.  I sent in the watch only to be told the repair was not covered.  I just tried chatting with samsung support and received the same response.  I filed a complaint with Samsung, but never heard anything back.  I'm game to do some social media publicity on this thing.  Looks like there is a pretty good number of us that could contribute.  

0 Likes