JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 01-22-2020 01:18 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
userXclVgfFAi8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm game as well .

0 Likes
userca4nQMkco0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Turned on waterproof mode. It didn't work.

0 Likes
userca4nQMkco0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I put mine in waterproof mode. Double checked before I got into the water. Within 2 minutes the watch started recycling then died. Warranty invalidated for water damage and $220 to repair a $200 watch.

0 Likes
yoFrankieyo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is super upsetting.

0 Likes
afiky
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER trust samsung when it come to warranty, if you want any device would covered by warranty go to APPLE

0 Likes
JMajor702
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Truer words have never been spoken.  I had this same issue and they initially refused to fix it.  They eventually did.  Now, It's happened again and I make sure I don't get this thing anywhere near water.  Just a crappy product.  I'm going to make a Youtube video and post it today I think.  

0 Likes
Cansberry
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

No company covers water damage, regardless of water resistance rating in the tech industry. Because at the end of the day, you're taking tech into water. I've worked in a repair shop for this stuff. Regardless of the advertised abilities, there's no sure fire guarantee. It is what it is. Read your warranties before buying stuff

0 Likes
Marcxs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hmm...that sounds really bad. If this is true, a company can't treat customers that way. Keep us posted on how you go with these issues. Completely reasonable to expect this watch is waterproof for normal activities. If not and within warranty period, clearly this should be covered. 

0 Likes
userEziFyfweER
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Then why do they say it is "swim ready" and even include a swimming exercise tracker?  That implies a certain level of performance they are failing to provide.

@Cansberry wrote:

No company covers water damage, regardless of water resistance rating in the tech industry. Because at the end of the day, you're taking tech into water. I've worked in a repair shop for this stuff. Regardless of the advertised abilities, there's no sure fire guarantee. It is what it is. Read your warranties before buying stuff

0 Likes
userEziFyfweER
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have exactly the same issue and they wont cover water damage to my watch I've only had for a few months, even though it was, and continues to be advertised as "swim ready" and actually has a swim exercise tracking app on it.  I had mine in a shallow pool a couple of times, which should have clearly been within their explicit performance warranty.  I believe it's fraudulent advertising. 

0 Likes