JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 07-07-2020 12:41 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
Samsung_47SofMh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue and I really love the watch.  I took great care for it not to get wet so the. only thing I can think of is sweat but then why is there a fitness tracker on it if you can't sweat?

0 Likes
userca4nQMkco0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just went through the circle of you wore it in water, I was trying to record a swim workout, but you got it wet. It seems that you can only swim on dry land. 

0 Likes
userF0HpsQ18Hp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is exactly why my watch did the circle of rebooting. The only time my watch saw any form of liquid was when I sweated (FROM WORKING OUT) and washed my hands (Little splashes of water). Seems like a scam considering the watch is meant to be an ACTIVE watch and for people who,  ya know sweat. I love the Samsung phones, but the smart watch is a huge concept for me (as it's very convenient for working out and other watches are just not up to par). I am not sure if this alone will send me back to Apple products...

0 Likes
userw2rUXYABEw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here. Used the water lock. Rinsed with fresh water under water lock... My repair was to be $270 – more than I paid for the thing. I like the BBB idea. But I will call Samsung back first to explain that their watch is supposed to be waterproof. 

0 Likes
userq2O6sjwKJ2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing for Galaxy Active 2  bought it in February, went swimming for about 15 minutes (first time it ever got wet) and stopped working the next day. They are saying I have to pay for the repair but they specifically say swimming is fine.... I have filed a claim with the BBB, because this is False advertisement. If they would have said do not get yoyr watch wet, I would not have worn it swimming. If they do not make this right I am done with the 15 years of samsung purchases.

0 Likes
userANGNG5XU9O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Guess I won't be buying the watch now. I'd rather have a Fitbit cause if it gets water damage they will replace it for free.

0 Likes
userca4nQMkco0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having the same problem. Never got the watch wet but wanted to see about the swim tracker. Put it in water mode and within 2 swim strokes the watch started flashing and died. I dried it off let it sit. Nothing. Now I'm told that water voids the warranty.

0 Likes
userIbnpOotXWq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the Active2 for three months, never swam in it, never showered in it.  Only rinsed it after it being dirty / sweaty.  I spent three hours on Samsung's customer service line only to be told it had liquid damage and the warranty was void.  I asked to speak with supervisors and was transferred a number of times to different people.  The last person was the "supervisor," who told me there was nothing else I could do and no one else he could transfer me too.

I told him I was filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Federal Trade Commission for fraud and deceptive business practices; which I did.

Two days later I received a call from the Office of the President of Samsung in New Jersey stating they were calling regarding my BBB complaint and they would be repairing my watch at no cost to me.  I have received it back and it appears to be working correctly.  

Untitled.png

0 Likes
Dochrobak
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have the same issue. What do I go to for the claims with BBB and Federal trade commission?

0 Likes
userj4hVA8E68t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased the Active 2 back in early March 2020 and can vouch this hasn't been resolved. Considering I received it just before quarantine began, I couldn't go swimming with it if I wanted to. I didn't wear it in the shower. It only got wet from washing my hands and doing dishes. Screen started being glitchy and having ghost touches and not responding so sent it in. I was told it'd be $220 to repair because it was out of warranty. So looks like I'm not trusting Samsung anymore also. Just wanted to warn people this is still a thing. 

0 Likes