Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
OmniPreacher
Constellation

Galaxy Watch will not turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This morning I was going through my normal routine when my watch vibrated a couple of times. By the time I looked at it the screen had gone completely dark and it is totally unresponsive. The battery was not close to zero at the time (maybe in the 30s, I think). I've tried leaving it on the charger to no avail. This thing is just over two weeks old. Please help!

Update: according to the Galaxy Watch app the current battery power is 77% and continuing to charge. So, it's just that the screen won't turn on? This is very distressing.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OmniPreacher
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch will not turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution-

While it's charging, hold down the power button. After about 5-10 seconds it'll reboot and you'll be good to go.

13 REPLIES 13
OmniPreacher
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution-

While it's charging, hold down the power button. After about 5-10 seconds it'll reboot and you'll be good to go.

LLcdPH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I placed my Sport watch on the charger last night but when I woke up this morning, the charger was flashing red and the watch will not turn on.  Holding the power button down does nothing.  When I placed the watch on the charger last night, power was at about 60%.  Thoughts?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot.

user9l9xeCpomy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It worked lik a Charm. I just wonder what happened in the first place. Any idea?

userDCCaAss37z
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the solution. Unfortunately, it did not work for me. After these steps, the screen turns on, and you can partially see the charging screen, but it flickers and it won’t boot at all; the charging light on the base keeps flashing with the red light and that’s it. This watch only lasted 7 months for me... Thanks Samsung! I should have gotten an Apple Watch! 

useraFrL4EmF8W
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same case is happening with me right now

userN7LKlJBr3d
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not working for me. What other solutions are there?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userN7LKlJBr3d Have you tried using a different charger to charge the watch? Are you able to charge the watch and it just not turning on?

userqemzXyO5Zf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing the same. After this most recent update, it will only turn on for a few seconds to flicker 98% battery, then soon the light on the charger starts flashing red. No amount of holding the button does anything. The charger works on my sisters watch just fine so I don’t think it’s the problem