cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9tKUTYBhXT
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch without MST???

Amen.  MST is the best thing about Samsung payments.  My Gear S3 constantly amazes retailers and other customers

jrgriffin82
Asteroid

Agreed. I'm so disappointed they're not going to have MST. I was so hoping we were finally going to get a watch with both NFC and MST in a size more suitable for women. Most smart watches will track your heart rate now. Most have some kind of fitness tracking. Even the cheaper fitness bands will track your sleep. There's a few that have LTE and many that have some form of NFC payment available. Shoot, even FitBit's have NFC now. MST was the one thing Samsung had that nobody else has. Coming from the Gear S2 I would be getting a better upgrade if I went with the  S3 but as a woman with small wrists it's just way too big. 

userApb10JrJZN
Constellation

This is a huge deal breaker for me too. Who complained about MST in the gear S3?! No one... Why remove it? 

Highlighted
user7JyIqBeW1P
Constellation

Is this confirmed??? Can someone PLEASE give me evidence that Samsung said they took out MST?

@user7JyIqBeW1P wrote:

Is this confirmed??? Can someone PLEASE give me evidence that Samsung said they took out MST?

Samsung themselves has said it.  It's even in the watch promotional info.  Go to Samsung.com and scroll down to the section for Galaxy Watches and click 'learn more.'  The section 'leave your phone behind' references Samsung Pay with a notation taking you to footnote #7.  The last sentence in footnote #7 says it's only compatible with NFC terminals.

Here's the page.  Just scroll down to the footnotes.

userfn2XL6CCSl
Constellation

Oh they took it out alright. I have the new worthless Galaxy watch on my wrist. I can't wait to return this thing. 

usersqIY7nsJAc
Constellation

What!?! That makes zero sense. The ONE key feature they have over Apple, and they don't include it? That would be like Apple making their new iPhone without the fingerprint sensor located on the home button.

I was so looking forward to this watch. No need to upgrade now. 

userZD1hMv1FKM
Constellation

Agreed.. I was planning on purchasing 2 watches. One for myself and one for the wife. Not anymore. Will look to buy my wife an s3 classic  and keep my S3 Frontier. Maybe next gen will bring back mst and I will upgrade then. Way to drop the ball Samsung. 

Falken
Constellation

This is a game changer. One of few things that makes users of the Apple Watch and Apple iPhone long for a Samsung Watch is when I bring out MST and pay on a terminal where even the cashier tells me it wont work. (It always works). 

I was going to buy a Galaxy Watch because of the improved battery life, swimproofing and more training features. But, no matter how great the battery is it just feels like a downgrade now.

The advantage of having MST on both my phone and Watch is that I feel comfortable with leaving my wallet at home (sort of the reason for having mobile payments + the security benefits. Right?). 

Think. 

The Galaxy Watch needs something to make it stand out in front of the Apple Watch, something yaw-dropping  - Like MST.

userXmJISJUkuM
Constellation

Totally dissapointed. Loved buying icecream from small stands. they only have old terminals. Now I`ll need my credit card again, it`s easyer than pay via phone. weak move, bring MST back!