cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfvFFrpMKRI
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch without MST???

Same. I got so excited to buy the Galaxy Watch, then saw it stripped MST for GOD KNOWS WHY, and no longer have any interest. Then I went to buy the Gear Sport, and saw IT doesn't have it either. SAMSUNG, I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER BUY ONE OF YOUR DUMBWATCHES WITHOUT MST. You must be the dumbest company on the entire planet. Please sell this tech to Apple or anyone else so I can buy their watch instead.

userqWRz1DxQPK
Constellation

I got onboard with Samsung Pay when I purchased the Gear S3 watch. Not even having Samsung Pay on my S7 was enough to make me use it. Since I purchased the Gear S3, I've been a huge fan of Samsung Pay because of how easy it is to put my wrist to a card reader terminal whether it supported NFC or not. I don't always carry my phone, so now I will be required to carry my phone if I want to use a newer watch than the Gear S3 with Samsung Pay. That's exactly what will make me switch back to plastic cards because Samsung has just completely removed the entire convenience aspect of it all. This is definitely one of the least thought out decisions on the part of the Mobile wearables department ever. They should always have an LTE/MST variant. Once they bring that back then I will purchase another Samsung Watch. If I wanted a simple NFC supported approach to paying for something, I would just go with Android Pay. Congratulations Samsung on making yourself no longer stand out.

user4pTn7ikoSp
Astronaut

This made me so mad; I had upgraded from the Gear S3 to the Galaxy Watch and about a month later when i finally got around to adding my cards back into Samsung pay I was dumbfounded that only MST was gone. The next day i returned my Galaxy and went right back to the S3. It's a shame because the Galaxy was a very handsome watch, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay more money for less watch. 

Put out a new Model of the Galaxy watch with added MST please!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Highlighted
Imex99
Asteroid

@11B1P wrote:

Wow. The one feature that made the Gear S3 standout, MST payments, and you removed it???? Are you trying to force your current customers to not upgrade to the Galaxy Watch?? Because you're doing agreat job of it.

You either need an overhaul of your Wearable team or your developers don't use the products they're trying to improve or YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS FEEDBACK.

Agreed, won't upgrade my gear S3 frontier to another Samsung device if MST isn't included.

userVdNOBmzwvV
Constellation

I was about to pump money into the galaxy watch before learning that Samsung took away MST.

Now am thinking of just getting the predecessor more feature rich galaxy gear s3.

Is there any news about the next galaxy watch and if samsung is bringing back MST?, just saw the new galaxy active2 but it's just Samsung pay NFC, underwhelming.

userrZJHiuANx5
Constellation

Sad waste of 250 million dollars!  Thats what they paid loop tech for the MST tech.

I upgraded before knowing i couldn't use it anywhere.  Seriously only works at a few of the stores i go to (via NFC wich is the least used payment method beleive it or not), mostly convience stores, and i try not to do much shopping there.  Like i said they wasted their $ - and then i wasted mine because i had a Frontier (included MST) and smartwatch payments are over half the reason i started wearing one.