cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userExTwoXKaXN
Constellation

Galaxy Watch won’t automatically reconnect with iPhone XS

I can pair it manually. I have paired the LE and paired the hidden Bluetooth connection using the first phone call trick. I have reset the watch, “forgotten” the watch to clear my iPhone cache, deleted and reinstalled both Samsung apps, and tried deleting one or the other BT connections. (Weird thing, the watch requires I “forget” the LE connection twice after connecting before it disconnects the LE from my phone but if I haven’t explicitly paired the hidden phone BT then my watch will remain connected and receive everything except calls. If I cycle my phone BT, the connection for LE name will show up but blank with no connection status or blue “i”. So yes, I have done a fair bit of troubleshooting and no I will not reset my phone.) When I walk out of range from the phone it will rarely (5% success rate) automatically reconnect. I had a Fitbit Ionic for two years that never skipped a beat on this phone, but I love the Galaxy Watch and the increased capability. The lack of a reliable connection has physically tethered me to my phone which is not at all ideal. I can’t really find anything online about this problem. As an ME in the tech industry I sense that it’s probably the watch that is out of spec, either an antenna or more likely the SW/FW config. Something about the watch doesn’t let the phone sense that the watch is back in range. If I attempt to manually reconnect it that doesn’t always work. Again, the phone doesn’t have a single problem with any other Bluetooth device I have perpetually connected. I suppose the issue could be a compatibility problem between iPhone XR and Galaxy Watch, but then I would have found more folks complaining online. Please help me figure this out ASAP!

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy Watch won’t automatically reconnect with iPhone XS

@userExTwoXKaXN wrote:

I can pair it manually. I have paired the LE and paired the hidden Bluetooth connection using the first phone call trick. I have reset the watch, “forgotten” the watch to clear my iPhone cache, deleted and reinstalled both Samsung apps, and tried deleting one or the other BT connections. (Weird thing, the watch requires I “forget” the LE connection twice after connecting before it disconnects the LE from my phone but if I haven’t explicitly paired the hidden phone BT then my watch will remain connected and receive everything except calls. If I cycle my phone BT, the connection for LE name will show up but blank with no connection status or blue “i”. So yes, I have done a fair bit of troubleshooting and no I will not reset my phone.) When I walk out of range from the phone it will rarely (5% success rate) automatically reconnect. I had a Fitbit Ionic for two years that never skipped a beat on this phone, but I love the Galaxy Watch and the increased capability. The lack of a reliable connection has physically tethered me to my phone which is not at all ideal. I can’t really find anything online about this problem. As an ME in the tech industry I sense that it’s probably the watch that is out of spec, either an antenna or more likely the SW/FW config. Something about the watch doesn’t let the phone sense that the watch is back in range. If I attempt to manually reconnect it that doesn’t always work. Again, the phone doesn’t have a single problem with any other Bluetooth device I have perpetually connected. I suppose the issue could be a compatibility problem between iPhone XR and Galaxy Watch, but then I would have found more folks complaining online. Please help me figure this out ASAP!

So I have Galaxy Watch LTE version and I used it with Google Pixel 2, S10e, Note10 and all of them had no issue connecting to the watch automatically. 

Do you have this enabled?: Background Refresh/fetch: Required for communication with Watch while in background

userExTwoXKaXN
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch won’t automatically reconnect with iPhone XS

Yes, that's been on since the day I bought the phone. I just updated to iOS 13 last night so we'll see how it goes today. High hopes, low expectations.