JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch4 Lock Question.

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 03:16 AM)
Str8KoKayne
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
So I have a lock set up on my watch as it's a must, otherwise you can't use samsung pay. The issue I'm having is the watch will lock on me while sleeping, and some other times throughout the day, and it seems like it won't track heart rate or sleep stages during the times it's locked. I have the watch nice and snug on my left wrist, 2 fingers above the bone. Maybe it's cause I'm so small of a person there's not much meat on my forearm and it's thinking it's off my wrist whenever it gets too close to the bone? Idk, any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I am sorry to hear your Watch 4 is not recording sleep or heart rate. If the step and heart rate tracking features are not working properly on your watch, the watch band or strap may be too loose or the watch's software might need updating. However, a simple reboot may solve the problem. Try these steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003204/

Please let me know if this helps. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
userPojXlDTA2i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same problem here. This is my third generation of galaxy watch but this one locks throughout my sleep and won't track anything. Software needs updating badly. But samsung takes forever to fix known problems. It took a year for samsung to fix the heart rate tracking on the first galaxy watch series. My ticwatch E3 is far superior in several areas compared to the Galaxy Watch 4. I also have the lock activated on my E3 and never have this problem. We'll see how long it takes samsung this time around.
0 Likes
Str8KoKayne
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah it's super annoying. Hopefully they fix it. I was hoping I was doing SOMETHING wrong and someone heee would correct me. How can I complain to samsung about this lol? I can only find a option to send reports about my phone
0 Likes
Scarface100
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just go in a Samsung health and do all the settings it should read your heart rate Wh phone lot of waters is locked
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine is locked during sleeping hours, and all sleep monitors are working without any issue.  Check if your phone has device care automation to reset or optimize daily.  I think when my phone is optimized at 3am, the watch got disconnection from the phone and when it's connected it's locked.  It does not affect the sleep monitor since the watch is still on.

0 Likes
Str8KoKayne
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thats probably it.. So I have my phone set to reset automatically at 5pm, and it does it just fine, but for some reason it seems like it also resets overnight cause biometrics won't work I gotta use my pattern in the morning. I can't seem to figure out why it restarts overnight. But when I wake up and unlock the watch there's no heart rate data for overnight and in the sleep part of samsung health it doesn't record the sleep stages since no heart rate.
0 Likes
Str8KoKayne
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well I guess it was reading for tonight which is weird it normally doesn't have that data for me when it locks
0 Likes
Str8KoKayne
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same thing happened last night, locked on me and didn't record heart rate data or 02. It seemes like it records when it locks sometimes but other times it does not record when locked it seems..Screenshot_20211015_063844_recent_3622.pngScreenshot_20211015_044303_shealth_3619.pngScreenshot_20211015_063835_recent_3621.png
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I am sorry to hear your Watch 4 is not recording sleep or heart rate. If the step and heart rate tracking features are not working properly on your watch, the watch band or strap may be too loose or the watch's software might need updating. However, a simple reboot may solve the problem. Try these steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003204/

Please let me know if this helps. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Str8KoKayne
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
So I did backup and reset the watch and now it seems that it's working OK. It still locks during sleep but that might be normal. It now records bpm and O2 when it locks during sleep since I've reset the watch so I'll keep a eye on it. Thank you for your response.
0 Likes