Original topic:

Galaxy Watch4 step counter not counting with Google Play watch faces, and inverted home/back buttons

(Topic created: 08-26-2021 11:23 PM)
OnionWolf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I didn't think much about it when they were switching from Tizen to Wear OS for the Watch4, thinking that my perfect watch face from my Watch3 would still be used, but looks like I can't find it somehow. The Wear app does show some other watch faces as well as ones available in the Google Play Store, so I fired up and installed my really old watch face from the old Moto 360 days. I noticed immediately that the step counter was showing all zero's, despite having walked 6k steps today while I was at the boardwalk near the beach. Other third party ones show it the same way, other than the watch faces the Wearable app suggests, which at least shows the step counter.

Apparently these watch faces only sync up with Google Fit and doesn't show anything about Samsung's Health stats. Anyway to change that or have 3rd party devs change it as they please? Kind of frustrating even if these faces are so old (I already feel old for even owning a Moto 360 back in the day) that they're literally just outdated and can't communicate with the other health app. At this point I assume that it's up to the 3rd party app developers to do this but I hope it's soon. I need me a perfect digital style face that shows what I need.

Special mention to the otter watch face. It's so cuuute! i'm keeping that for now as a consolation and I'm less upset about it. 🦦

Anyway, for old Galaxy Watch users out there, ever noticed that the home and back buttons are now inverted? They literally switched places. I think that's kinda messed up since I, personally, have had it by muscle memory over the years. It's frustrating a bit to have suddenly gone to the home screen while I'm knee deep in the Settings app. Haven't seen the settings to interchange them back, if there is any. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
You know the Galaxy store has thousands of very creative watch faces. From digital to analog and look really amazing. I think I done bought 6 or 7 watch faces and downloaded more free ones
0 Likes
OnionWolf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

There's definitely a lot! I recently got my Z Fold3 and Watch4 Classic and was trying to look for watch faces but somehow wasn't showing me anything at all on the Galaxy Store. It's probably because the Watch4 runs on Wear OS 3 now instead of Tizen and I can't seem to download or even see any content for any wearables. The link in the watch faces page on the Wearable app shows faces that's in the Google Play Store and none of the watch faces when I had the Watch 3 from the Galaxy Store. "Get more watch faces" link directs you to Google Play and not the Galaxy Store.

0 Likes