JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch6 No Internet Connection when using Mobile Data

(Topic created: 10-26-2023 11:11 AM)
k5VFVot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, Recently I noticed that my Galaxy Watch6 (Wifi edition) refuses to load any content that requires an internet connection such as play store, maps, etc. when the phone is using 5G mobile data but the mobile data internet works perfectly on my phone. This issue does not happen when the phone is connected via wifi at home. Is this some sort of bug? My phone is an S23 Ultra unlocked and my carrier is Metro by Tmobile, both phone and watch are running on latest updates.

11 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
So your watch's Wi-Fi connectivity works, but the LTE doesn't? If so, kindly reach out to Metro by T-Mobile for assistance with this. They should be able to resolve this issue for you.
0 Likes
k5VFVot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Correct but the watch is the wifi only version, my issue is that when I disconnect my phone from my home wifi and i'm on the go using the phone's mobile data internet the watch thinks there is no internet even though the phone does have internet and it should technically pass it on the watch 

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ah I see. Thank you for clarifying that you have the Bluetooth only model. What are you typically doing on the watch when you notice it isn't registering your phone's data? Do you also have the watch itself connected to the Wi-Fi network when you're at home? Sometimes factory resetting the watch and restoring clears up problems like these. You might want to try that, the process doesn't take very long.
k5VFVot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I notice when I go on walks and try to access Google maps because it is in offline mode, I also try to access Google play store and it tells me to connect to a network. The wifi is on it the watch settings also. Earlier today I tried a factory reset on the watch to see if the issue would be fixed but it still seems to be the same.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
You have to have your phone with you to have access to data during walks, or anytime you're off a Wi-Fi connection. The Wi-Fi is for when you're at home, school, work, etc.
0 Likes
k5VFVot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sorry, I misworded the explanation, I meant when I go on my walks with my watch AND my phone I start getting the issue because i'm no longer on my home wifi and am using mobile data that works on my phone but not the watch. Once I get back home and my phone is connected to my home wifi the watch is able to connect to the internet as well.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
I recommend factory resetting and restoring the watch through the Galaxy Wearable app.
k5VFVot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, this morning I did a factory reset on the phone and the issue is still present

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
You reset the watch or reset the phone?
0 Likes