cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user79tFam7zS0
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Wearable App crash Android 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to share my experience. I didn't need to do a factory reset or reinstall all apps and plugins. Only Samsung Accessory Service and Samsung Pay.

updating to Android 10 my Galaxy Watch Active battery was draining rapidly and the Wear app kept crashing. In the notification tray I would briefly see "transfering file" which would appear only for a second and go away but popping up frequently. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Samsung Accessory Service but still the same issue. Someone mentioned Samsung Pay being the issue, so I uninstalled that and everything worked again. I just reinstalled Samsung Pay and will monitor the situation. If the issues persists I'll edit my comment. 

I hope this helps any others experiencing this issue. 

JMarshall1956
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will try this tonight - thank you. I had reported it to Samsung ans was told that Samsung was working on a wearable upgrade to resolve the issues. In addition to what is report here I also experience extreme battery drain on my watch (Pixel 3 paired to SM-R760 Gear S3) due to Bluetooth not using low energy mode.

Highlighted
usergfNGKIsS5F
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userL41OmdMPwh tried all of these things. Not only does my app still crash, but my brand new watch gets a whopping 5 hours battery life. I've had it for 2 months. Got a brand new one yesterday via warranty and it lasts 6 hours. I've uninstalled everything, reinstalled wearable app/plug-in, reset my watch and re-paired it.  Nothing. I just took my watch off the charger from charging all night 100%. Got dressed and ate breakfast 44%. I have the pixel 3a. I'm over this watch and the app. I'm paying a $300 bracelet at this point. What a waste.

userCA4Cw6brQD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same problem.  My Pixel 2xl updated yesterday and now my Galaxy Watch Active won't connect to my phone and the battery is drained in only a couple of hours. This is really frustrating being that I was promised that the Samsung watch would work with my Google phone. I guess compatability isn't as smooth as they claim. 

This is the kind of issue that would prevent me from getting any more Samsung devices in the future.

usercW9P18SM1W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me as "me too"as well. Got Android 10 yesterday. Battery is completely drained in 2 hours. Reset watch and repaired. Not I can't complete the process because the app keeps crashing/freezing when I try opening it. 

userz8hRoUtEyA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. App crashing, battery drain. I hope we don't have to wait long for an update from Sammy. Using watch in standalone mode for now. Rediculous to spend all that money and not be able to use all the features. Very disappointed as the Android 10 beta has been out forever!

Erik2173
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here but with the older Gear S3, Samsung says it won't be fixed until they release Android 10 for their Samsung phones...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this time, the wearables app is not compatible with Android 10 (Q). Once Samsung devices start getting Android 10 (Q), the various apps will also update compatibility. Regretfully I cannot speculate on when that might happen though. I am sorry for the inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userSqzhuIQTiB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for posting this.  I updated to Android 10 yesterday on my Pixel 2.  The Gear app started crashing, and the batteries on both the phone and the Gear S3 were rapidly draining.  Like you and  at least one other poster, I did not remember to uninstall the Samsung Accessory Service. 

I've been through all that now, and it looks like everything is okay now.  It is now updating some of the apps and putting back some music and other data.  But that's a lot further than it got before when it would crash at the notification permissions in the setup.

Thanks for posting this for the rest of us. 

Mike

userQDkVzHUeZT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstalling samsung pay helped me. Nothing else worked.