cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codemaster
Constellation

Re: Galaxy active LTE watch 2

I was also wondering the same thing.  Too bad the version I'm interested in buying (the black stainless steel) is only available in the LTE version.  If it was an option to get the Bluetooth version in black stainless steel, I would have completed my pre-order on the 6th.

Why isn't the option available for us to buy the watch body we want (stainless steel) without functionality we don't need (LTE).

Cityman2
Constellation

So right now i can get a refurbished lte model cheaper thsn the standard bluetooth model. If i don't pay fir lte service will it function the same as the bluetooth only version with the same battery life if lte remains  off?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user3XsoiuxSS7 If you don't use the lte feature on your watch it would function the same as Bluetooth only version. 

Cuneo13
Asteroid

I highly recommend you spend the extra $100.00 and purchase the Active 2 LTE model over the normal Active 2 smartwatch and here are the reasons:

1. the watch case is high-end and looks spectacular
2. you can make a 911 call with the Active 2 LTE even if it doesn't have a carrier plan (now, this may only be the case after it is activated once. I plan to keep my one-month activation via T-Mobile and then cancel just so I have the 911 feature when working out).
3. Active 2 Bluetooth only model only has 750 MB of RAM of which is not enough. While using the smartwatch for nearly one month it would lock up often and apps would crash
4. Active 2 LTE model comes with 1.5 GB of RAM and it is a much smoother user interface experience. 
5. Just because you spend the extra coin to pay for the LTE model the Active 2 LTE (02R3 model) is both LTE and Bluetooth. The LTE can be disabled entirely to save battery life and then it becomes a pure Bluetooth only smartwatch just like the majority of other smart gadgets out there. 

I'm going on day 5 of using the Active 2 LTE and this Galaxy Watch is my favorite since the Gear S3 Frontier Edition. I average about 1 day and 20 hours of battery life. The Samsung One UI is gorgeous, fun to use, easy to navigation, the speakerphone has been augmented, and the voice quality when making calls either via LTE or Bluetooth is so much better than the original Active gadget released during Q1-2019. Yeah, I am a Samsung Galaxy Watch fan...
Sincerely,
Cuneo13