cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraLbpTXQI7G
Asteroid

Galaxy active LTE watch 2

Can I get an LTE active 2 and use only on Bluetooth and Wifi.

Will I still get all updates on LTE active 2 even if i dont subscribe for network LTE service.

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy active LTE watch 2

You can, though the updates may not come in correctly because the carrier would not be able to push them to the device.

If you're not using LTE, we would recommend getting the Bluetooth variant of the watch.

useraLbpTXQI7G
Asteroid

Will the LTE watch work at all through BT/Wifi without activating any network service? And cant we get the updates through bluetooth or wifi or through phone?

So for the bluetooth version - can it be connected to wifi only and still work like listening to spotify or tidal? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It will work but you likely won't have updates pushed out.

Yes, the Bluetooth version has the same functionality minus the LTE.

useraLbpTXQI7G
Asteroid

Heard for the LTE watch with no active network connection, it is still possible to get the updates through wearables app, can you please confirm?

Also, I have been seeing posts for the bluetooth version when connected with Wifi - even if both phone and watch are connected to different networks and apart from each other, still gives you call & text notifications to the watch without active bluetooth connections. Is it true? Can you please explain how it works

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The watch is carrier based, which means that the carrier pushes updates to the watch. While updating through the wearables app will work, you may not get all of the updates that the carrier releases.

That is not true. The watch still needs some sort of connection to the phone to receive calls and messages. The LTE watch has it's own connection to receive these calls and messages.

useraLbpTXQI7G
Asteroid

I wouldn't need the carrier updates, I just need the updates from Samsung side since I wouldn't have an active cellular service all year around. 

Also, I came across this in Samsung galaxy page - "And with the Remote Connection feature, your watch can receive notifications and more from your phone even when it's not connected via Bluetooth" 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Right, but the watch would be connected to the phone via Wi-Fi.

useraLbpTXQI7G
Asteroid

I guess so, but got the exact answer to my question. It's possible to get notifications even if I'm connected to other wifi entirely or however far away from the phone through Sync servers. 

So it would be great if you can help me on the other part. Will I get Samsung updates to my LTE watch through wearables app even though I dont have an cellular connection. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Yes, you will be able to update the watch via the app.