Original topic:

Galaxy issues

(Topic created: 09-22-2022 01:09 PM)
LenaCheney
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
So im thinking of leaving the Samsung ecosystem. I bought a tab s8 plus and it had green tint a week after buying it. I sent it in they fixed it and wouldn't you know a few days ago the unsightly green tint was back. Then today I was about to update to the galaxy watch 5 when I noticed on my galaxy watch 4 there is a black dead pixel! It's not even 8 months old! I don't understand why all my samsung products keep getting issues. My tab A 10.1 suffers from backlight bleed but atleast it's more acceptable since its older. Anyone else have these issues????
4 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
All smartphone ecosystems have their quirks... it all boils down to ... which one has the functionality you want, with the least quirks 🙂

We both switched from Ap ple to Sammy years ago, because Ap ple was too confined to their ecosystem. (admittedly, husband is an open source guy)

If we were to switch, it would be to Google 7 phone
0 Likes
LenaCheney
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
No I agree every ecosystem has issues but every galaxy device I own has had to be sent in for a repair within the first few months of owning it. My galaxy flexbook alpha 2 had to be sent in for the battery (and then they messed the hinge up when they fixed it so I don't even use it), my tab a 10.1 has bad backlight bleeding, my tab s8+ has green tinting issues which paying over 1,000 for something shouldn't be defective in the first week and they fixed it and now it's back!, and today as I was getting ready to buy the new watch 5 my galaxy watch 4 now has a dead pixel/black spot so I can't trade it in now because I'm sure the trade in sale will be over by the time I get it back. I don't understand how all these issues are happening with fairly new devices. It seems their QC is quite low. Also the watch 4 has been suffering from extreme battery drain. Literally in a 9 hour work day with always on display off I will come home with 30% battery. So it's not even getting 11 hours of wear before dying. I love my samsung products when they don't have issues. What also makes me mad was I traded in a perfectly good tab s7fe for the tab s8 plus and they lied about price matching because their website was down the last day of their sale and said "no problem just order it through the cart we make and when it ships call back and we will refund you the price match" so I did that and when I called and it shipped I was told sorry we can't price match and I fought and got some of the price match but still paid 200 more than promised. If I would have returned my tab s8 plus when the green issue happened I was told they would not price match again and they already received my trade In and wouldn't return it if I returned the tab s8 plus so I would have been out two tablets.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wow !!

After reading that, we feel very fortunate.

We have a 2019 FrameTV, 2015 Plasma TV, two s21s and two s22s, Watch3 ... all with no probs (plus the previous S models we've had) ... guess we're lucky

We have read posts such as yours... hopefully, it'll all work out for you!!
0 Likes
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
you have a difficult (and expensive) decision to make. best of luck, Lena 👍